Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marklight

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 6, 2006
I know there's a few other threads about this - but nothing too recent so...

I'm hooking up my Penryn MBP up to an HDTV. I have a DVI- HDMI adapter, and I just bought a compatible optical cable. I haven't tried hooking anything up yet.

I'm just more interested in what settings I should have set for the computer in terms of audio and video.

*what audio settings in the system settings do i need to change if any?
*what video output settings should I be aware of?
*I want to run things in clamshell mode- i would imagine this would help w/ performance too. How exactly do i got about doing this - i think i read that you just need to shut the laptop and then plug in a USB device like mouse...

soms

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2007
Seattle
I know there's a few other threads about this - but nothing too recent so...

I'm hooking up my Penryn MBP up to an HDTV. I have a DVI- HDMI adapter, and I just bought a compatible optical cable. I haven't tried hooking anything up yet.

I'm just more interested in what settings I should have set for the computer in terms of audio and video.

*what audio settings in the system settings do i need to change if any?
*what video output settings should I be aware of?
*I want to run things in clamshell mode- i would imagine this would help w/ performance too. How exactly do i got about doing this - i think i read that you just need to shut the laptop and then plug in a USB device like mouse...
You shouldn't have to change any audio settings at all, as long as your mac recognizes the other monitor its fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.