Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Nov 13, 2003, 08:56 AM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

The Reality of Bugs and Safari Development

Category: Opinion/Interviews
Link: The Reality of Bugs and Safari Development

Posted on MacBytes.com

Approved by arn
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Nov 13, 2003, 10:26 AM   #2
chewbaccapits
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to chewbaccapits
I know I've sent little messages that are funny to me, in hopes that it can make the peeps that fix the bugs' day a little more gay.
Old Nov 13, 2003, 10:43 AM   #3
mainstreetmark
macrumors 68020

Even my flagship product has been designed to work with IE-PC's particular set of bugs and quirks. Pile on top of that the fact that I suck at javascript and refuse to learn it, many of my pages have IE-PC-specific javaquirks that work fine for that browser, but fail in Safari.

As a result, even though I'm on a Mac now, when I need to do true testing, I have to fire up the Dell.

(There is even a 'feature' in IE-PC whereby you can enable an HTML-editor, which I make large use of. That feature will likely never be supported outside of IE-PC)
mainstreetmark is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion