Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Apr 19, 2008, 06:33 AM   #1
picklesunshine
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
I need to copy only 1 minute of a song to CD

I need to burn a cd to a disc with only 1 minute 30 seconds of a song.

Any clue how to do this?

Once I hit burn CD it copies the entire song.

Thanks!
picklesunshine is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2008, 06:58 AM   #2
7031
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: England
Put it in Garage band, split it after 1 minute and 30 seconds, and delete what was splitted. Export it, and burn that to a CD.
__________________
PC with 2 x 21.5" monitors, Intel Core i5-2500k @ 4.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, GeForce 550ti with 1GB, 120GB SSD + 2 x 1TB HDD
2007 15" MacBook Pro - 2.2Ghz, 2GB RAM, 320GB HDD
7031 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2008, 07:13 AM   #3
7on
macrumors 601
 
7on's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Punk Hazard
In iTunes, within the playlist you're about to burn

Crtl+Click
Get Info
Options tab
Check "Stop Time"
and enter 1:30
__________________
jonshipman.com
7on is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2008, 04:26 AM   #4
picklesunshine
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7031 View Post
Put it in Garage band, split it after 1 minute and 30 seconds, and delete what was splitted. Export it, and burn that to a CD.
I have no idea how to put it in garage band.

Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7on View Post
In iTunes, within the playlist you're about to burn

Crtl+Click
Get Info
Options tab
Check "Stop Time"
and enter 1:30
I looked and looked but never found anything that said "stop time".

Last edited by Mitthrawnuruodo; Apr 20, 2008 at 05:21 AM. Reason: Merging, please use MULTIQUOTE to answer more than one post...
picklesunshine is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2008, 05:13 AM   #5
Mr.Noisy
macrumors 65816
 
Mr.Noisy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: UKô
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklesunshine View Post
I looked and looked but never found anything that said "stop time".
Select the track from itunes music library (top left) not the playlist, then follow the instructions, under options you will have start and stop time options, this is how we make ringtones in iTunes too
__________________
Nick - Photographer, Dad & Walking ATM for the kids
Gear List
Mr.Noisy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2008, 05:24 AM   #6
Much Ado
macrumors 68000
 
Much Ado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: UK
Here you are [see attachment].

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Noisy View Post
Select the track from itunes music library (top left) not the playlist
No, select the track within the playlist or else you'll end up changing the regular iTunes copy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 3.png
Views:	37
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	112863  
Much Ado is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2008, 06:26 AM   #7
picklesunshine
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Much Ado View Post
Here you are [see attachment].



No, select the track within the playlist or else you'll end up changing the regular iTunes copy.
I'm slowly making progress thanks to everyones help. I got the song I want copied into garage band.

I still dont see the screen shot that you sent though. What am I doing wrong?

I click on every tab in garage band and dont see anything even remotely like you show.

Thanks!
picklesunshine is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2008, 07:09 AM   #8
wordmunger
macrumors 603
 
wordmunger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklesunshine View Post
I'm slowly making progress thanks to everyones help. I got the song I want copied into garage band.

I still dont see the screen shot that you sent though. What am I doing wrong?

I click on every tab in garage band and dont see anything even remotely like you show.

Thanks!
You're getting confused. There are two ways to do it.

1. Put the song into GarageBand and edit it to the length you want

2. Use the "stop time" feature of iTunes to specify when you want the song to stop playing.

Method number two does not require GarageBand and is much easier to do, although either method is really pretty basic. 7on's instructions for doing it in iTunes are pretty clear, except for perhaps the first one.

Make sure you control-click on the song title you want. A menu will appear. Select "get info" from the menu. Then follow the instrux from there.
wordmunger is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2008, 09:27 AM   #9
picklesunshine
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordmunger View Post
You're getting confused. There are two ways to do it.

1. Put the song into GarageBand and edit it to the length you want

2. Use the "stop time" feature of iTunes to specify when you want the song to stop playing.

Method number two does not require GarageBand and is much easier to do, although either method is really pretty basic. 7on's instructions for doing it in iTunes are pretty clear, except for perhaps the first one.

Make sure you control-click on the song title you want. A menu will appear. Select "get info" from the menu. Then follow the instrux from there.
SUCCESS!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

Thanks to everyone for all your help!!!!
picklesunshine is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Copy cloud backup (from copy.com) and CPU usage PeterSmith Mac Basics and Help 2 May 21, 2014 06:46 AM
Miku good song~ Snow Song Show jasonnthk Picture Gallery 4 Dec 13, 2013 10:39 PM
iOS7 Tutorial Song (Song A Day #1717) Michaelgtrusa iOS 7 1 Sep 17, 2013 11:46 PM
ios7 gm music: 'delete' [album] feature removed... [can delete only song by song] Wegee iOS 7 6 Sep 11, 2013 03:27 AM
If iTunes Match matches a pirated song, is it now a legal song? KarlJay Mac Applications and Mac App Store 15 Oct 1, 2012 11:44 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:23 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC