Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

picklesunshine

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 19, 2008
I need to burn a cd to a disc with only 1 minute 30 seconds of a song.

Any clue how to do this?

Once I hit burn CD it copies the entire song.

Thanks!

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2007
England
Put it in Garage band, split it after 1 minute and 30 seconds, and delete what was splitted. Export it, and burn that to a CD.

7on

macrumors 601
Nov 9, 2003
Dress Rosa
In iTunes, within the playlist you're about to burn

Crtl+Click
Get Info
Options tab
Check "Stop Time"
and enter 1:30

picklesunshine

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 19, 2008
Put it in Garage band, split it after 1 minute and 30 seconds, and delete what was splitted. Export it, and burn that to a CD.

I have no idea how to put it in garage band.

Help!

In iTunes, within the playlist you're about to burn

Crtl+Click
Get Info
Options tab
Check "Stop Time"
and enter 1:30

I looked and looked but never found anything that said "stop time".

Mr.Noisy

macrumors 65816
May 5, 2007
UK™
I looked and looked but never found anything that said "stop time".

Select the track from itunes music library (top left) not the playlist, then follow the instructions, under options you will have start and stop time options, this is how we make ringtones in iTunes too ;)

Much Ado

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2006
UK
Here you are [see attachment].

Select the track from itunes music library (top left) not the playlist

No, select the track within the playlist or else you'll end up changing the regular iTunes copy.

Attachments

• Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    19.1 KB · Views: 220

picklesunshine

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 19, 2008
Here you are [see attachment].

No, select the track within the playlist or else you'll end up changing the regular iTunes copy.

I'm slowly making progress thanks to everyones help. I got the song I want copied into garage band.

I still dont see the screen shot that you sent though. What am I doing wrong?

I click on every tab in garage band and dont see anything even remotely like you show.

Thanks!

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
I'm slowly making progress thanks to everyones help. I got the song I want copied into garage band.

I still dont see the screen shot that you sent though. What am I doing wrong?

I click on every tab in garage band and dont see anything even remotely like you show.

Thanks!

You're getting confused. There are two ways to do it.

1. Put the song into GarageBand and edit it to the length you want

2. Use the "stop time" feature of iTunes to specify when you want the song to stop playing.

Method number two does not require GarageBand and is much easier to do, although either method is really pretty basic. 7on's instructions for doing it in iTunes are pretty clear, except for perhaps the first one.

Make sure you control-click on the song title you want. A menu will appear. Select "get info" from the menu. Then follow the instrux from there.

picklesunshine

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 19, 2008
You're getting confused. There are two ways to do it.

1. Put the song into GarageBand and edit it to the length you want

2. Use the "stop time" feature of iTunes to specify when you want the song to stop playing.

Method number two does not require GarageBand and is much easier to do, although either method is really pretty basic. 7on's instructions for doing it in iTunes are pretty clear, except for perhaps the first one.

Make sure you control-click on the song title you want. A menu will appear. Select "get info" from the menu. Then follow the instrux from there.

SUCCESS!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

Thanks to everyone for all your help!!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.