Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

srs14

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2008
Apologies if this is already on these forums but I haven't been able to find the answer i need and I'm running out of time.

I have just bought a macbook, and have installed iWorks onto it. All the documents have been easily transferred onto the mac from my previous laptop, which had microsoft word on it.
The problem I have is saving a document from my macbook onto a usb which I want to open on a pc word. (I need to send it as an attachment to an email to a mocrosoft word user, and I do not yet have the internet working on the mac.)

When I have saved things on the mac, because they were previously word documents, the end of the file name seems to be .doc.pages but this does not seem to allow the document to be later opened in word. What can I do?
Thanks

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
I don't have Pages/iWork but iirc you have to use the File->Export command to export the document as a Word doc. Pages own file format is not openable by Word.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.