Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ErrorMessage

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 23, 2008
Whenever i booting it Vista I get this error message:

Unrecongizable partition table for drive 80. Please rebuild using a Microsoft-compatible FDISK tool"

it loops a few times then Vista boots up...

what is this? and how do i get rid of it?

thanks for your help?

ErrorMessage

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 23, 2008
Solution!!!

FINALLY a Solution!!

My Fellow Canadian Friends at ehMac.ca Told me a solution and it worked!! (I had to give props..becasue this was a tough answer to find!!...thank you Josh)

Try this guys!!!....it is a free program

"Download EasyBCD 1.7.2 - NeoSmart Technologies and choose "reinstall vista bootloader" within the manage bootloader section. This should fix your problem."

take care

rembot369

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2008
Does it work?

Hi i have downloaded EasyBCD, my question is, when i reinstall the Vista Bootloader, will it stop Boot Camp from working as its rewriting the MBR?

Anyone that has tried this, does Boot Camp still run after pressing "Reinstall Vista Bootloader"

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

rembot369

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2008
Hi i have downloaded EasyBCD, my question is, when i reinstall the Vista Bootloader, will it stop Boot Camp from working as its rewriting the MBR?

Anyone that has tried this, does Boot Camp still run after pressing "Reinstall Vista Bootloader"

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I decided to test it and worked perfectly. I have been told it will only negatively impact Vista that uses a BIOS crack.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.