Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Apr 23, 2008, 05:27 PM   #1
ClemTiger0408
macrumors regular

iPhone constantly thinks headphones are plugged in!

Help!

My iPhone thinks I have headphones plugged in even when I do not. I cannot make calls without headphones now.

Obviously I tried restarting the phone, plugging and removing headphones.

Has anyone heard of this problem before? What should I do?
ClemTiger0408 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2008, 06:10 PM   #2
OCP
macrumors newbie

This happened to me today actually and all I did was plug the headphones that I used earlier back in and out again, and the phone is back to normal.
OCP is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2008, 06:27 PM   #3
NeoMayhem
macrumors 6502a

Just plug and unplug the headphones about 10 times really quick. That fixes this problem most of the time. If not, clean out the port with a que tip and rubbing alcohol and then try it again.
NeoMayhem is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2009, 03:56 AM   #4
bencomley
macrumors newbie

Clean the socket

I've tried all the others with temporary sucess but the one that works is cleaning the socket with a cotton bud or Q tip dipped in pure alcohol. I've read a few things saying this is a bad idea but it works! And alcohol evaporates so quickly it doesn't have a chance to damage anything, just surface clean the socket contacts. Whatever else you read save yourself time and clean your headphone socket. It works!
And if your not sure about which alcohol, I have used the hand steralising type that is common everywhere, for hand cleaning, with the swine flu pandemic.
bencomley is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2009, 04:07 AM   #5
orpheus1120
macrumors 65816

Basically any type of clinical alcohol works. You may wanna try methylated spirit, acetone etc. You can get it from any local pharmacy/chemists depending which country you from.
orpheus1120 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2009, 06:34 AM   #6
zulkiflim
macrumors regular

Heya

i would recommend if you are using the solution above,make sure your phone is off.
And you do it with the phone held vertical.
Dont use too much alchohol....LOLOL..

Either that just go back to the apple/at-t store for an exchange.

It may either be a defective port / software.
zulkiflim is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2013, 12:12 AM   #7
EVanr
macrumors newbie

What should I do if none of these ideas work?
EVanr is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting