Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X

Old Apr 24, 2008, 08:35 PM   #1
Markandrewsmith
macrumors newbie

"you cannot use this application with this version of Mac OS X"

I'm getting this message when I try to use stickies and then open some files on my computer after doing the software update. Does anyone know how to fix it to where I don't have to be some programmer guy and run code and stuff?
Markandrewsmith is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2008, 08:57 PM   #2
Nermal

What version of OS X are you running? (Apple menu > About This Mac)

Also, what version of Stickies do you have? (Click the app once, File > Get Info, and check the Version field)
Nermal is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2008, 11:15 PM   #3
Markandrewsmith
macrumors newbie

I'm using 10.5.2 for the OS.

For stickies they're version 5.1.0

Then with some files when I try to open them I get the same message like for TV shows. But then when I take the files and pull them down into an application like quicktime they work.
Old Apr 24, 2008, 11:35 PM   #4
Nermal

You've somehow ended up with an old version of Stickies; you should have version 6 on Leopard. Did you use the Migration Assistant or a similar tool to move software from an older computer?
Nermal is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2008, 11:32 PM   #5
Markandrewsmith
macrumors newbie

I bet that's it, but they were working before. I originally had an i book G4 and then transfered everything over to my i mac a few months ago, but my stickies were working before and it was just after I did a software update that they stopped. What's terrible is that I lost all my story notes from the stickies but it's not that big of a deal.

I'm glad it's just maybe program specific and nothing is wrong with the big picture of OS X. So I probably just need to figure out how to get my stickies working again or get an earlier version and then get out of the habit of using them so much. Thanks for your help.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 07:39 PM   #6
ebogawa
macrumors newbie

Stickies 5.1.0 Is Not Workling With OS X 10.4.11

I'm having a problem getting Stickies to work. I'm using OS 10.4.11 on an iMac G5. Stickies 5.1.0 appears in the Applications folder and a StickiesDatabase is in Home>Library, but Stickies>File>NewNote won't produce a note, and in the Stickies>Window pull-down a title "Untitled" appears for each attempt. I was wondering if I need to update to Stickies 6.0. If I do need to update to Stickies 6.0, where do I download it from? Could anyone tell me what is causing this problem and how it can be fixed?
ebogawa is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2009, 07:41 PM   #7
guydude193
macrumors 6502a

Have you tried updating to 10.5.7 yet? I don't know if it will work, but it might update your Stickies. I'm not sure, though.

Edit: For OP.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 09:59 PM   #8
ebogawa
macrumors newbie

Stickies 5.1.0 & 6.0 Download

When I click on the Stickies icon in the Dock only the menu bar is displayed, but not the whole window. When I then click on File > New Notes, nothing happens. Iím not able to create a new note. Do you think downloading and reinstalling the Stickies 5.1.0 software will solve the problem and how do I do that? Also what do you think if I download and install Stickies 6.0, will it work with OS X 10.4.11, and how do I do that?
Old Jul 23, 2009, 10:08 PM   #9
mrchinchilla
macrumors 6502

The Stickies app from the original Public Beta of OS X works on Leopard, as well as the Jaguar and Panther versions.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 10:13 PM   #10
alphaod
macrumors Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebogawa View Post
I was wondering if I need to update to Stickies 6.0. If I do need to update to Stickies 6.0, where do I download it from? Could anyone tell me what is causing this problem and how it can be fixed?
Enjoy:
http://ran.me/share/Stickies.zip
Old Jul 24, 2009, 06:19 PM   #11
ebogawa
macrumors newbie

I would like to know if Stickies 6 works with OS X 10.4 (Tiger) and PowerPC.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X