Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Nov 15, 2003, 04:14 PM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

MusicNet CEO slams iTunes in Marketwatch Interview

Category: Opinion/Interviews
Link: MusicNet CEO slams iTunes in Marketwatch Interview

Posted on MacBytes.com

Approved by arn
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Nov 15, 2003, 04:18 PM   #2
joker2
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to joker2 Send a message via Yahoo to joker2
Forgetting something...

They keep saying AOL is going to be a major player.. but weren't there rumblings that iTunes would be integrated with AOL? ...and AOL and Apple would announce a partnership?
joker2 is offline   0
Old Nov 15, 2003, 05:01 PM   #3
nuckinfutz
macrumors 603

"Slams" is a tad hyberbolic

But he's wrong nonetheless.

Quote:
"The big companies are going to dominate," McGlade said. "AOL is going to be a significant player. Companies likeYahoo, MTV, Microsoft, Sony. I don't think it's going to be I-Tunes."
Yahoo ??? MTV??? Sony??

Neither have the accument Apple provides. They don't have an Major Operating System and platform. I've never heard of musicnet but considering this buffoon is their CEO I'm not suprised they are not successful.

Apple is doing the right thing for success. They "control the whole widget" . Web based portals are not going to do as well as a Web based tool integrated into a player ala iTunes.
nuckinfutz is offline   0
Old Nov 15, 2003, 06:28 PM   #4
rjwill246
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to rjwill246
Re: "Slams" is a tad hyberbolic

Quote:
Originally posted by nuckinfutz
I've never heard of musicnet but considering this buffoon is their CEO I'm not suprised they are not successful.

It is quite inspirational, the vitriol that Apple's competitors pour on them: you can't but help want to take up their mantra. From Michael Dull's and other CEO's whose products, faces and would-like-to-have charisma will never see Time's covers, whose products won't get Design of the Year awards at the rate Apple does, you would think they would remain in their foxholes and shut up. While Apple certainly comments on competitors from time to time it lacks the spite of these dimwits: thank heaven, as the low road is not that great a way. At least SJ keeps his most caustic thoughts out of the press- we know he has them- but he has the courtesy and dignity to voice them "at home."
I guess losers perhaps feel that they have nothing else to do but bitch but as in this case, it makes the speaker look so immature and unworthy of his office.
rjwill246 is offline   0
Old Nov 15, 2003, 07:06 PM   #5
crap freakboy
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to crap freakboy
wheres Jacob Marley when you need him?

suits huh bless their little cotton socks
crap freakboy is offline   0
Old Nov 15, 2003, 08:13 PM   #6
szark
macrumors Demi-God

Re: Forgetting something...

Quote:
Originally posted by shadow95
They keep saying AOL is going to be a major player.. but weren't there rumblings that iTunes would be integrated with AOL? ...and AOL and Apple would announce a partnership?
Apple and AOL did announce a partnership.

Strange...maybe nobody told him?
Old Nov 16, 2003, 03:10 AM   #7
iJon
macrumors 604

apple will remain the number 1 player as long as long as the itms is the only one that will work with the ipod. i mean come one, look at all the singers and rappers and stuff. they all have ipods. 50 has them in his videos, diddy uses them to pick his tracks on the show, your just not cool these days without an ipod.

iJon
iJon is offline   0
Old Nov 16, 2003, 09:59 PM   #8
Jerry Spoon
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally posted by iJon
apple will remain the number 1 player as long as long as the itms is the only one that will work with the ipod.
iJon
and the iPod remains the dominant music player. Let's not forget that Apple is getting attacked from that front too. And I don't think a few accessories now and then from Belkin will be enough to keep iPod on top if the actual player doesn't move in a forward direction as well. Time will tell.
Jerry Spoon is offline   0
Old Nov 16, 2003, 10:22 PM   #9
iJon
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerry Spoon
and the iPod remains the dominant music player. Let's not forget that Apple is getting attacked from that front too. And I don't think a few accessories now and then from Belkin will be enough to keep iPod on top if the actual player doesn't move in a forward direction as well. Time will tell.
the problem is that everyone keeps trying to copy apple. its hard to beat apple at its own game. apple took the mp3 player and made it into what it should be, the ipod. everyone else was like, yeah that looks good, lets give it a hard drive, bigger screen, and a scroll wheel. but yet no one has been able to keep up. not even the music stores. i was at best buy today and on one of the computers they had rhapsody up, holy s*** is what s***. it was so damn confusing and it was so cluttered it looked like some program to control a shuttle launch, it was crazy.

iJon
iJon is offline   0
Old Nov 17, 2003, 12:47 AM   #10
nagromme
macrumors G4

I tend to suspect that Apple will continue to enhance the iPod

(PS You have to love an article that calls it ITunes instead of iTunes. And no longer just for MAC!)
nagromme is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion