Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Old Apr 25, 2008, 05:49 PM   #1
CodeAndBunny
macrumors newbie

Wireless Headphones for iMac

Hello All,

I am interested in buying a set of wireless headphones to utilize with my iMac. I would normally use them for speaking on Skype withe friends/family (I don't need a microphone, since I use the built in mic on the iMac), for listening to my iTunes, and streaming video/audio.

I would prefer to buy a wireless pair, but each pair that I've found thus far seems to be made for home audio. I'd like great sound quality for my tunes...any suggestions?

Thanks,
CAB
CodeAndBunny is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2008, 06:52 PM   #2
digitalnicotine
macrumors Demi-Goddess

Here are some options:

audiocubes

Logitech

Sennheiser (I know these are A/V, but I own them and they rock)
digitalnicotine is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2008, 07:31 PM   #3
CodeAndBunny
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnicotine View Post
Here are some options:

audiocubes

Logitech

Sennheiser (I know these are A/V, but I own them and they rock)
DigitalNicotine, thanks so much for your reply. Are you able to use your Sennheisers with your computer for Skype/chatting? Are you able to use your Sennheisers wirelessly with your Mac?
Old Apr 25, 2008, 07:52 PM   #4
jampat
macrumors 6502a

Senns

I have RS136's, you could connect them to a Mac. They come with RCA inputs, but that is easy enough to convert to a mini jack to plug into the mac. They are really comfortable and sound pretty decent (for wireless cans). Wired will always sound better and be cheaper. Do imacs come with bluetooth? If they do, it would be more elegant to use a bluetooth headset. Then you wouldn't need the external antenna. The surround sound on the 136's sounds terrible, it definitely isn't worth paying for it.

Good luck.
jampat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2008, 09:40 PM   #5
digitalnicotine
macrumors Demi-Goddess

The surround sound function does suck, but I never use it anyway. You do need to get an RCA converter. I got one cheaper than that locally at a discount department store. I've never tested them with Skype, but if you're seriously considering these, I can try it hehe.

I agree that bluetooth headphones would be a plus, but only if you don't use a bluetooth mouse. The Motorola S805 Bluetooth 2.0 are probably more suitable, and work with Skype for sure.
digitalnicotine is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2008, 12:04 AM   #6
CodeAndBunny
macrumors newbie

Okay, thanks so much DigitalNicotine. I just might give those Motorolas a try!
Old Apr 26, 2008, 12:05 AM   #7
CodeAndBunny
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jampat View Post
I have RS136's, you could connect them to a Mac. They come with RCA inputs, but that is easy enough to convert to a mini jack to plug into the mac. They are really comfortable and sound pretty decent (for wireless cans). Wired will always sound better and be cheaper. Do imacs come with bluetooth? If they do, it would be more elegant to use a bluetooth headset. Then you wouldn't need the external antenna. The surround sound on the 136's sounds terrible, it definitely isn't worth paying for it.

Good luck.
Thanks so much for this information. I had no idea that I cold get a bluetooth headset for my Mac. Yes, my iMac does come with Bluetooth so I'll definitely take your advice and get a Bluetooth headset. I learn so much from you guys...

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice