Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games

Old Apr 26, 2008, 03:28 AM   #1
luffytubby
macrumors 6502a

Age of Conan the next big MMO?

Saw these two new trailers today; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL0hyZGpnkw (pvp) and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5eikU4ZD4k (combat) and I just think it looks spectacular.
Its really a shame that this game is not comming out for Mac. DirectX 10 seems to be a big part of this game:/

I think its great that game is rated M for mature. lots of sex, gore, decapitations, torture and more sadistic themes that go in tune with the conan world.
I think Mature rating will make the game more isolated from younger teenagers that roam in games like World of Warcraft.
But such a big rating will probably mean that the game wont get close to 10 million subscribers.
But maybe 500,000, similiar to Lord of the Rings Online.
The real time combat looks interesting. It looks like its more like a fighting game like Tekken or an action game like jedi knight.
The quests also seem deep. They seem to be structured like Oblivion and KOTOR, where you can pick your own dialoge choices, and see the NPCs from cinematic angels. I wonder if they will have voice acting. That would be splendid. I am so tired of reading quests. sigh.
Anyway, I wonder what kind of Mac would be able to run this game really really well in boot camp. According to this link; http://arstechnica.com/journals/thum...ments-revealed

a 2,4 C2D is recommended along with a Geforce 7950. I wonder how that card compares to the likes of MBs X3100 and Imacs 2600 HD.
If anyone here is playing the beta that is running on fileplanet, I would love to hear your thoughts on the game. Cheers!
Old Apr 26, 2008, 10:16 AM   #2
willcodejavafor
macrumors regular

just started dowloading it
willcodejavafor is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2008, 11:52 AM   #3
hankolerd
macrumors 6502

Send a message via MSN to hankolerd
an iMac with a 2.4 up could probably run it pretty decently. The macbook Pro would probably do as good or a little better than the iMac. And the macPro would do just fine if it had an 8800GT or 2.
I imagine the next revision of iMacs will get a cpu and gpu boost, and would do wonderfully.
And when the iMacs start running the montevina(if it isn't in this next coming revision) then they will probably run it even better.
I would very much like to get into the beta...but I am about 5Gb short of disk space for the download alone...so I don't think it will happen.
Old Apr 26, 2008, 09:53 PM   #4
Kaiser Phoenix
macrumors 6502

yeah I cant wait till this game comes out, it looks to be far deeper than wow and the maturity hopefully wont attract 12 year olds and keep it abit more itneresting.

Ive preorderd mine already!
Old Apr 26, 2008, 11:02 PM   #5
luffytubby
macrumors 6502a

Holy crap.

Check this out.

this video shows how to build an entire city: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZxR21WljNM

in the actual game this will be a guild effort, but holy damn, that is awesome. imagine defending a keep like that with your guild, against other guilds. major awesome.
Old Apr 30, 2008, 04:12 PM   #6
luffx
macrumors regular

I've been following this game for quite some time.

I've been in a guild for it since Dec 2007.

I'll be building a computer for it, since I don't believe any Mac will run it as nice as I would like.
luffx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2008, 06:32 PM   #7
Tom B.
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by luffx View Post
I'll be building a computer for it, since I don't believe any Mac will run it as nice as I would like.
My brother is planing to do the same, almost exclusively for Age of Conan. I'm just happy that I'll be able to borrow it for StarCraft II.
Tom B. is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games