Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yuhaii

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 12, 2008
Summer is coming, and now I can feel the obvious hot of air because of less clothes! It is hard to put the MBA on the leg any more .....:eek: Have to be careful of the C**k not to be burned too.....LOL

rom

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2006
Summer is coming, and now I can feel the obvious hot of air because of less clothes! It is hard to put the MBA on the leg any more .....:eek: Have to be careful of the C**k not to be burned too.....LOL

Well, temps rose to 38C here in Manila, Philippines, and the MBA did not like it - not that it did not work but the chances of having the fans rev up to 6200 is quicker than in a cooler place. However, as always, core shuts down during graphics and i/o intensive apps.

hellobenny

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2008
Hey rom, you should try the coolbook program if you are getting core shutdowns, I havent experienced one since I installed the program.

rom

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2006
Emmigrate to Scotland. Problem solved :p

Sure - give me the visa and the startup money. :)

@hellobenny been holding off using that - will see if I can live with this current setup. Core shutdowns are not that often anyway.

zainjetha

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2007
my MBA has yet to get hot yet in its 24hr life. my MBP gets very hot or used to when running vista.. i hate vista..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.