Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Apr 28, 2008, 10:52 AM   #1
MikeonTV
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Send a message via AIM to MikeonTV Send a message via Yahoo to MikeonTV
Turning iPod doesn't rotate screen

when I turn my ipod touch 90 degrees (CW or CCW) the screen and keypad to not switch to wide view. It does happen some (maybe 10%) of the time. Am I turning it wrong?

1.1.4. ipod touch 8GB ziphone broken
MikeonTV is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2008, 10:59 AM   #2
mkrishnan
Moderator emeritus
 
mkrishnan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Grand Rapids, MI, USA
I find my iPhone responds much more consistently if I turn it while it's not horizontal -- it doesn't have to be vertical, but it isn't very sensitive in the horizontal plane. So try just tipping it up a little bit when you turn it.
__________________
Mohan
mkrishnan is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2008, 11:11 AM   #3
PMB
macrumors 65816
 
PMB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
If the keyboard is up, it will not rotate, you need to tap done, than rotate
__________________
Week 40 iPod touch,
Alienware Aurura, triboot, 7, Ubuntu, OSX.
Atom powered Server.
PMB is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2008, 11:32 AM   #4
linden
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeonTV View Post
when I turn my ipod touch 90 degrees (CW or CCW) the screen and keypad to not switch to wide view. It does happen some (maybe 10%) of the time. Am I turning it wrong?

1.1.4. ipod touch 8GB ziphone broken
happens with me to. I find it harder to rotate outside.
linden is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2010, 06:48 PM   #5
DonkeyGuy
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Angry Fliping ipod touches

it bugs the crap out of me!! mine wont turn at all!!!!! and im so used to the large ipad keypad, the verticle ipod touch is so small, so i try to turn it, but it doesnt work at all!!!! if anyone knows, plz tell me
DonkeyGuy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2010, 06:51 PM   #6
avit
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Over there
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyGuy View Post
it bugs the crap out of me!! mine wont turn at all!!!!! and im so used to the large ipad keypad, the verticle ipod touch is so small, so i try to turn it, but it doesnt work at all!!!! if anyone knows, plz tell me
Nice bump. Please make your own thread.
avit is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2010, 06:56 PM   #7
spillproof
macrumors 68020
 
spillproof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by avit View Post
Nice bump. Please make your own thread.
Oh god no. No more threads on this "issue", please.
__________________
I don't know what to put here.
spillproof is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2011, 12:35 PM   #8
satanic
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
! sorry about my languge becuse i am not english.

you have to do this:
1.duble klick on home butten then go to right side ( music ).
2.there is a butten on the right.
3.push it.

now you can rotete tour screen.

satanic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2011, 01:28 PM   #9
pepi
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
This function can be turn on or off in many applications.
pepi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2011, 02:15 PM   #10
wordoflife
macrumors 604
 
wordoflife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Republic City, URN.
I'm pretty sure autorotate only works in a few select apps in 1.x
__________________
"When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change."
wordoflife is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2013, 06:21 PM   #11
Lacemaker427
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Small town; it sits on a postage stamp <> rather messy when it gets licked!
Blah, blah, blah, and FYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMB View Post
If the keyboard is up, it will not rotate, you need to tap done, than rotate
I just experimented on Notes (native) and Week Calendar (purchased) and it rotated like a dream in both with the keyboard up. I'm not sure what you are talking about. Do you have an app that refuses to allow rotation in that circumstance? If so, what is the name of that app?

FYI: The simplest way to verify if you have the screen rotation lock on or off is to look at the upper right hand corner of your screen to the left of the battery icon. If the lock is engaged, you wil see a circle arrow with a tiny lock inside it. I won't repeat how to disengage the lock as its been stated repeatedly in this thread.

Last edited by Lacemaker427; May 16, 2013 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Additional info
Lacemaker427 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2013, 08:10 PM   #12
pod5g
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacemaker427 View Post
I just experimented on Notes (native) and Week Calendar (purchased) and it rotated like a dream in both with the keyboard up. I'm not sure what you are talking about. Do you have an app that refuses to allow rotation in that circumstance? If so, what is the name of that app?

FYI: The simplest way to verify if you have the screen rotation lock on or off is to look at the upper right hand corner of your screen to the left of the battery icon. If the lock is engaged, you wil see a circle arrow with a tiny lock inside it. I won't repeat how to disengage the lock as its been stated repeatedly in this thread.
The poster you replied to made the post 5 years ago. You know what the newest iPod touch was then? The original one. Newest OS? iPhone OS 1. Now? We're at iOS 6. Think before you reply to a five year old post.
__________________
iPad (3rd generation)- iOS 6.1.3- 64 GB- Stock
iPod touch 3G- iOS 5.1.1- 64 GB- Jailbroken
iPod touch 5G- iOS 6.1.2- 32 GB- Stock
iPod nano 3G- 8 GB
pod5g is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2013, 08:13 PM   #13
Lacemaker427
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Small town; it sits on a postage stamp <> rather messy when it gets licked!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pod5g View Post
The poster you replied to made the post 5 years ago. You know what the newest iPod touch was then? The original one. Newest OS? iPhone OS 1. Now? We're at iOS 6. Think before you reply to a five year old post.
Thank you for your kind suggestion, however, "think" is inaccurate -- "look" would be more appropriate in this situation.
Lacemaker427 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2013, 08:30 PM   #14
pod5g
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacemaker427 View Post
Thank you for your kind suggestion, however, "think" is inaccurate -- "look" would be more appropriate in this situation.
I'm not going to argue with someone who doesn't know how long it's been since 2008 ended.
__________________
iPad (3rd generation)- iOS 6.1.3- 64 GB- Stock
iPod touch 3G- iOS 5.1.1- 64 GB- Jailbroken
iPod touch 5G- iOS 6.1.2- 32 GB- Stock
iPod nano 3G- 8 GB
pod5g is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2013, 08:39 PM   #15
Lacemaker427
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Small town; it sits on a postage stamp <> rather messy when it gets licked!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pod5g View Post
I'm not going to argue with someone who doesn't know how long it's been since 2008 ended.
I think you are wise not to argue. Well done!
Lacemaker427 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2013, 10:08 PM   #16
kyle911
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Thumbs up lock orientation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacemaker427 View Post
I think you are wise not to argue. Well done!
ppl i had this prob too for ios 7.0.4, its simple, firstly turn on your options in control center in settings,then lock your i"device, when locked slide it up for a variety of options you will see a lock a lock icon to upper right side of the screen,turn it off and your good to go
kyle911 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2013, 12:07 AM   #17
Jnesbitt82
macrumors Demi-God
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Ohio
Dear God this thread won't die! Lol. OP is from 2008.
Jnesbitt82 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2013, 12:19 AM   #18
NewbieCanada
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnesbitt82 View Post
Dear God this thread won't die! Lol. OP is from 2008.
No entries in 2009 and 2012 though. 2015 should be our next good year.
__________________
nMP 6-core, D500, 32 GB, 1 TB rMBP 13" '13 2.4 gHz, 256 GB, 8GB Mini '11 i7, 256 GB SSD & 750 GB HDD, 16GB iPhone 5 64GB iPad Air 128
NewbieCanada is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2013, 08:54 PM   #19
alphaod
macrumors Core
 
alphaod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 上海 (Shanghai)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle911 View Post
ppl i had this prob too for ios 7.0.4, its simple, firstly turn on your options in control center in settings,then lock your i"device, when locked slide it up for a variety of options you will see a lock a lock icon to upper right side of the screen,turn it off and your good to go
Also the OP's iPod is on 1.1.4
__________________
Mac Pro | iMac | Mac mini | MacBook Pro | MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod
alphaod is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2014, 07:11 PM   #20
kevinmismith
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
I have the same issue but when I double click the home button and slide to the right I don't see a music icon.

Can anyone help?
kevinmismith is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iPhone screen doesn't rotate - help! nope7308 iPhone 2 Nov 2, 2011 12:41 PM
AdWhirl - moving view to centre screen on rotation gwelmarten iPhone/iPad Programming 0 Oct 19, 2011 11:09 AM
iPad rotation is slower !! Frank.avilla08 iPad 0 Jul 8, 2011 09:21 PM
iPod touch 4g Screen Issues wrinkster22 iPod touch 2 Jun 16, 2011 10:57 AM
iPod doesn't turn off Telp Mac Basics and Help 29 May 16, 2008 03:05 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:51 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC