Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sananda

macrumors 68030
May 24, 2007
ah good! perhaps the end of the random "when is iphone coming to canada?" posts in threads that have nothing to do with the introduction of iphone to canada.

VanMac

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2005
Rampaging Tokyo
About Time

Nice to hear it is finally coming.

End of year is kinda ambigious, but better then nothing.

I wonder how this coincides with 3G iPhones, and if Rogers can support higher speeds on it's network?

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Apr 12, 2001
Rogers to Bring iPhone to Canada

Rogers Communications Inc announced that they have come to a deal with Apple to finally offer the iPhone in Canada later this year. Ted Rogers, President and CEO of Rogers issued the following brief statement:
We're thrilled to announce that we have a deal with Apple to bring the iPhone to Canada later this year. We can't tell you any more about it right now, but stay tuned.
No other details are provided, but the announcement should provide some assurance to Canadians that the iPhone will finally be available to them. Apple is rumored to introduce their next generation 3G-capable iPhone around June.

Article Link

psxp

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2008
... I will laugh when they Bring the iPhone 1 to canada and the rest of the world are on iPhone 3G

scienide09

macrumors 65816
May 5, 2007
Canada
I just read the main article on the Globe's main website.

Sadly, no mention of a price reduction in data and rate plans, and no actual timeline given. Really, thisn't so much news as repetition of what we already knew: at some point, the iPhone would come to Canada.

I'm still content using mine as a iTouch, at least until plans improve.

mainstreetmark

macrumors 68020
May 7, 2003
Saint Augustine, FL
Canadians will happily purchase all the EDGE phones that show up on eBay, I suspect. In addition, of course, to the new iPhone.

We Americans made sure that when you Canadians got your iPhones, you'd have SDK and 3G. So, you're welcome.

Agent Smith

macrumors 6502
Mar 21, 2004
Toronto, ON
I'm not so much interested in the Rogers announcement (it was really only a matter of time), as I am in how the Comwave iPhone trademark was settled. For those not in the know, one of the reasons why it's taken so long for the iPhone to show up is the fact that the name "iPhone" is trademarked already as a VOIP phone by a company up here called Comwave.

Nimiety

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2006
Finally! Rogers is already 3g in the centers so I am thinking this will coincide nicely with june's wwdc. Awesome.

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
That's what I'm wondering.. anyone reading this thread know if Rogers can support 3g?

Canadian ex-pat in Florida

Rogers is 3G enabled ( as is Fido ).

If Rogers don't introduce cheaper data rates, the iPhone will be a luxury item ( for mobile internet ).

tmelvin

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2008
:mad:

When will T-Mobile/USA be getting the iPhone??!! AT&T blows in my area...but T-Mob works well...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.