Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nhcowboy1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 5, 2008
NH
I've used Eudora quite happily for years with POP accounts, but have now tried to set it up to access a Gmail account with IMAP enabled . . . and it absolutely will not work! Haven't tried sending mail yet - but it is flatly unable to check for new mail in the Gmail account.

Tried setting up the same Gmail account in :apple: Mail, and it worked fine - so what's the problem with Eudora??? :confused:

nhcowboy1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 5, 2008
NH
follow the instructions

Been there, done that. Really, I spent hours researching this and trying to make it work before I came here and asked. There may be something simple that I'm missing . . . . but nowhere I looked did I find anyone who said they used Eudora for Mac and had been able to access Gmail successfully with IMAP enabled. So if you've done it, please let me know! I'd be delighted to find I've overlooked something really obvious!

what version of Eudora are you using?

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
well, just for you, my friend, I downloaded the ancient email-client with my slow internet at home and get it for u!

trick is you need to make sure setup SSL settings in Eudora, which is a independent label in preferences.

Of course, assume you set up username(xxxx@gmail.com), server address (imap.gmail.com) etc correctly already

PS. Eudora is terminated and newest version has been transfered into Mozilla Thunderbird project, there is a Euroda 8.0 test build, but Thunderbird is a better choice in terms of stability.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    77.3 KB · Views: 232

nhcowboy1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 5, 2008
NH
trick is you need to make sure setup SSL settings in Eudora, which is a independent label in preferences.

Oh . . . . [string of curse words] . . . . !!!

Okay, gimme a sec to set it up and see what happens. ;)

portent

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2004
PS. Eudora is terminated and newest version has been transfered into Mozilla Thunderbird project, there is a Euroda 8.0 test build, but Thunderbird is a better choice in terms of stability.
That beta version is nothing like Eudora, and neither is Thunderbird.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.