Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video

Old Apr 29, 2008, 12:24 PM   #1
martinmcc
macrumors newbie

Editing with Quicktime Pro

Hi All
I'm Martin - new to this forum so I hope someone can help me with what I hope will be an easy question. I'm doing a very simple edit of a quicktime movie using quicktime pro. I would like to add a fade at the end of the clip so that it doesn't end abruptly but can't find any way of doing this within the menus on offer. Does any one have a clue whether or not it is possible to add a fade using quick time pro?
Thanks for any help you might be able to offer.
Martin
martinmcc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2008, 01:42 PM   #2
Tattoo
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinmcc View Post
Hi All
I'm Martin - new to this forum so I hope someone can help me with what I hope will be an easy question. I'm doing a very simple edit of a quicktime movie using quicktime pro. I would like to add a fade at the end of the clip so that it doesn't end abruptly but can't find any way of doing this within the menus on offer. Does any one have a clue whether or not it is possible to add a fade using quick time pro?
Thanks for any help you might be able to offer.
Martin
Just drag the clip into iMovie - do a simple transition fade - then share back to a QuickTime .MOV file on your desktop!
Tattoo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2008, 03:33 AM   #3
martinmcc
macrumors newbie

Many Thanks Tattoo - importing into imovies is what i would have done but unfortunately the machine I'm working on isn't mine and doesn't have imovies installed. I was hoping for a way creating a transition fade in quicktime pro. It allows you to cut. edit, resize, add audio, special effects and I would have though a fade effect would have been in there somewhere but I can't find anything.
martinmcc is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video