Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MikeonTV

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 9, 2007
8GB came with 1.1.3 upgraded to 1.1.4 and used iLiberty+ to JB. Now when it turns on I get the apple logo then it goes to a picture of a USB Cable connecting to the Itunes logo. iTunes will not recognize the iPod.

2potgkl.jpg

Thats what it looks like always. Tried restarts and other computers (windowsXP)

thanks guys

LeahM

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2008
Have you charged it? Also, try holding down the menu button. Can you load music onto it? I would try that.

MikeonTV

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 9, 2007
fully charged and hold down the menu button doesnt do a thing. I cant upload/update music because iTunes wont recognize it

razorianfly

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom
I've seen and remedied this problem before. Usually when the device is in this state, and asking to be connected to iTunes, it is because it needs to be 'unlocked' so-to-speak by a driver. This driver is called the Apple iBoot driver and comes packaged exclusively with iTunes. Sometimes this driver has a tendency to lock-up or become corrupt.

Fully un-installing and re-installing iTunes should solve your problem.

R-Fly

MikeonTV

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 9, 2007
R-Fly your instructions gave me an error when opening iTunes (0xE8000022) so I found this tutorial http://me.dm/blog/2008/04/0xe8000022-jailbreak-8gb-ipod.php and it seems to be working. Currently I am restoring the ipod. I will update this post if anything goes wrong, otherwise I'm back with a fully functional restored iPod.

I believe that this occurred because I jail broke the Touch while iTunes was running. A no no I'm sure.

EvanLugh

macrumors 68000
Aug 29, 2007
Developer land
If it doesn't work, put your iPod into DFU mode (hold down menu and power for exactly 10 seconds, let go of power and keep holding menu) until iTunes recognises it. You could also use iLiberty to recover it from DFU mode. LEt us know what happens!

Drucifer

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2008
I've seen and remedied this problem before. Usually when the device is in this state, and asking to be connected to iTunes, it is because it needs to be 'unlocked' so-to-speak by a driver. This driver is called the Apple iBoot driver and comes packaged exclusively with iTunes. Sometimes this driver has a tendency to lock-up or become corrupt.

Fully un-installing and re-installing iTunes should solve your problem.

R-Fly

This is the exact error I had when I first opened my iPod Touch and un-installing and re-installing iTunes and all other Apple applications I got it to work. :p

PMB

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2007
New York
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

SOOOOOO, if i read this right, one or two people having a problem demonstrates the fact that ALL should not jailbreak?

What about the other thousands jailbroken? it is so easy a brick could do it, and recover from a mistake.

Jailbreaking is still worth it.

LeahM

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

SOOOOOO, if i read this right, one or two people having a problem demonstrates the fact that ALL should not jailbreak?

What about the other thousands jailbroken? it is so easy a brick could do it, and recover from a mistake.

Jailbreaking is still worth it.

No one is dissing Jailbreaking, just trying to help a fellow MR member out. :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.