Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Sorry to hear that.

1. Screens from different product generations typically don't work with each other.

2. Could be logic board issue, pinched cable, or something loose. Perhaps reseat the ram. There is a guide where someone figured out it might be a loose gpu unit, but it's of an iBook I think.

3. ifixit.com? google

CJRhoades

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2007
Lafayette, IN
I had that same exact model and did the same exact thing that you did to yours. I know for a fact that the screens are not compatible at all because of the differences between VGA and DVI. I ended up buying a VGA model without a HDD, RAM, or optical drive and just stuck my parts into it. I wasn't able to put my optical drive in it though because of the differences between the two models so I just bought a different one online. You'd be surprised by how many differences there are inside between these two models.

As for the click off/not turning on problem, look in the hinges where the screen connects to the computer. The wires in there often have the insulation rubbed off and get pinched and come in contact resulting in a short that makes it click off whenever the screen is moved, or the notebook is bumped/carried.

Good luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.