Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iBallz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 31, 2007
So. Utah
Thanks Ron for getting them out.

I dont have many miles with it yet. (in fact just a few short yards down to the park)

But so far I really like it. Its comfortable and easy to adjust where you want the camera to hang. (Comes with a little clip thingy on the strap)

I also like that in portrait mode the strap does not constantly get in the way.

With my nice SM strap, I usually ended up sticking my arm through the loop and having it hang from one shoulder, but when I wanted a quick shot, I have to pull my arm back through.

Another plus is, it takes no time to remove the strap from the camera.

Had my daughter model this for ya's.

287324281_bAXVm-M.jpg

Here it is with the little clip thingy keeping it from falling way back.

287322777_aGd9d-M.jpg

The RS-1

287329069_DwNuy-M.jpg

287323688_AStub-M.jpg

Quick and easy!

287324611_xDvGd-M.jpg

And the RS-2 comes with plenty of room for memory cards, phone, lens caps, business cards, all that extra cash you saved buying cheap lens', flash gels, the remote control for the camera, or some gum.

287322165_unqnv-M-1.jpg

I'll lean to the RS-2 just cause I'll find something to put in there.

Very well made, I hope the service from Black Rapid gets caught up, but Ron Henry is a very nice and personable guy, and I hope they do well with this product.

A Link to his site;
Black Rapid

Watch the Video here

roisin and mac

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2008
Hey thanks for posting this! It seems like something others here might have seen before, but I hadn't, and it looks great--especially the RS2 version. Hmm I might have to get one of those!

onomatopoeia

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2007
That's a really great looking design. I usually walk with my strap over my shoulder anyway -and this looks much more secure than that.

I was really interested until I saw how it attaches to the camera. My tripod plate (Really Right Stuff brand) doesn't have a hook like the one shown in his video & I don't want to remove the plate every time I go mobile. The lens attachment idea is cool too but I don't own any lenses with a built-in tripod mount.

iBallz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 31, 2007
So. Utah
Hey thanks for posting this! It seems like something others here might have seen before, but I hadn't, and it looks great--especially the RS2 version. Hmm I might have to get one of those!

Thanks, seems like I wasted my time if they've been out I guess?

But they just started shipping them last week, and have sold out already, and now on back order again.

iBallz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 31, 2007
So. Utah
That's a really great looking design. I usually walk with my strap over my shoulder anyway -and this looks much more secure than that.

I was really interested until I saw how it attaches to the camera. My tripod plate (Really Right Stuff brand) doesn't have a hook like the one shown in his video & I don't want to remove the plate every time I go mobile. The lens attachment idea is cool too but I don't own any lenses with a built-in tripod mount.

Did you see the FastenR? Comes with a strap.

FastenR
The FastenR is the point of contact between the camera and the R-Strap. Made from aircraft aluminum with stainless steel threads, then powder-coated in black, it screws into the tripod socket located on the underside of the camera body or lens. The lock nut is then tightened down to ensure that the FastenR doesn’t inadvertently unscrew.

If you’re using a tripod plate with a d-ring, you may not need the FastenR. Simply attach the R-Strap to the d-ring, and you’ll be able to release the camera quickly from the strap for mounting on your tripod.

this thing

onomatopoeia

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2007
Did you see the FastenR? Comes with a strap.

I did. But unless I'm missing something that screws in to the tripod plate mount at the bottom of the camera. I permanently keep my tripod plate on my camera and this strap would require me to remove the tripod plate and install the FastenR each time I decide to go mobile. That's inconvenient as I often go from walking to tripod from shot-to-shot.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
See here's the problem. First the second I saw this I was all over it. The pockets alone and the way it is carried. Then I realized that I too keep my tripod plate on at all times rendering the FastenR useless to me, but yet it appears it comes with the strap. Could you get the strap without it and hope to pay less?

Second, sure, I have a D ring on the bottom of my plate and yet I cannot help to wonder if I am the only one who uses the strap when I use a tripod if I am in crowds especially. I just keep a loose grip on things and the strap is always around my arm somewhere. It saved me once when someone ran into my tripod and it started to tumble. So again, I'd have to remove the strap. I only wish they had something that would work around the actual strap rings.

It is a great idea, but right now I cannot see the point of having a strap that I must remove when I want to use a tripod (which is most of the time for me). But damn if I don't love the pockets. I always need pockets!

iBallz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 31, 2007
So. Utah
See here's the problem. First the second I saw this I was all over it. The pockets alone and the way it is carried. Then I realized that I too keep my tripod plate on at all times rendering the FastenR useless to me, but yet it appears it comes with the strap. Could you get the strap without it and hope to pay less?

Second, sure, I have a D ring on the bottom of my plate and yet I cannot help to wonder if I am the only one who uses the strap when I use a tripod if I am in crowds especially. I just keep a loose grip on things and the strap is always around my arm somewhere. It saved me once when someone ran into my tripod and it started to tumble. So again, I'd have to remove the strap. I only wish they had something that would work around the actual strap rings.

It is a great idea, but right now I cannot see the point of having a strap that I must remove when I want to use a tripod (which is most of the time for me). But damn if I don't love the pockets. I always need pockets!

I too had a strap hooked up with a tripod, and found it very annoying, and almost tripped over it a few times bringing the camera down. And then turning the camera to portrait mode, the straps would hand right in the way of my viewfinder. I hated it, but its a pain threading the regular straps through the little rings each time.

I still like the idea of the Binocular strap deals, that hold tight against the chest, but again I hate that strap in the way in portrait shots.

Everythingisnt

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2008
Vancouver

D-rings are useful. For some reason Manfrotto doesn't put them on it's high end pan/tilt heads and whenever I do video work I need to carry around a pocketful of spare change in case I need to unscrew the plate :p.

That being said, I am much more jealous of that camera then of the strap :D.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.