Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

suttonsam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 1, 2008
I am running a G5 powerPC dual 2.5ghz with plenty of RAM. I recently bought an: IcyDock External Quad Bay Removable Enclosure- model Mb561S.
I now need a high-Performance PCI-X SATA Host Adapter/card that will allow hot-swappable drives and minimum of fuss when configuring. A plug and play option would be ideal that allowed for interchangeable drives running independently of each other. I am considering the Silicon Image 4-Port PCI-X eSATA Controller for its 4 ports and ease of use. Does anyone have any experience of these? Please advise..
Thanks in advance :confused:

echoout

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2007
Austin, Texas
The Sonnet E4P is awesome. Used it for a year or so on my G5 and several months now on my Intel 8-Core MP. Zero setup, super-fast.

I am running a G5 powerPC dual 2.5ghz with plenty of RAM. I recently bought an: IcyDock External Quad Bay Removable Enclosure- model Mb561S.
I now need a high-Performance PCI-X SATA Host Adapter/card that will allow hot-swappable drives and minimum of fuss when configuring. A plug and play option would be ideal that allowed for interchangeable drives running independently of each other. I am considering the Silicon Image 4-Port PCI-X eSATA Controller for its 4 ports and ease of use. Does anyone have any experience of these? Please advise..
Thanks in advance :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.