Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old May 4, 2008, 06:33 PM   #1
JasonS4
macrumors member

Is there anyway I can shut my powerbook to use another monitor?

I have a 27" monitor is there anyway I can just shut my powerbook and use the 27" as my monitor via Vga. Instead of haveing 2 open screens?

I have a 1.5 powerbook if that helps.
JasonS4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2008, 06:53 PM   #2
ecdmagnum
macrumors newbie

i know how

Hey Jason,

All you should have to do is plug in your monitor to the powerbook, close your laptop screen, let it go to sleep, then move your external mouse. It should work like a charm.

I know this might be the obvious but you do have to have an extra mouse and keyboard to make this work right.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Matt
ecdmagnum is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2008, 11:05 PM   #3
JasonS4
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecdmagnum View Post
Hey Jason,

All you should have to do is plug in your monitor to the powerbook, close your laptop screen, let it go to sleep, then move your external mouse. It should work like a charm.

I know this might be the obvious but you do have to have an extra mouse and keyboard to make this work right.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Matt
I use and external mouse but I didn't know that you need a keyboard.

Thanks for the help. I wish i would have found out about this site 5 years ago when I got my first G3 Ibook.

Thanks a lot for the help Matt
Old May 5, 2008, 07:41 AM   #4
bigjnyc
macrumors 68040

well if you dont have a keyboard you wont be able to type anything since your powerbook will be closed and you wont have access to the keyboard on your computer.
Old May 5, 2008, 11:04 PM   #5
JasonS4
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjnyc View Post
well if you dont have a keyboard you wont be able to type anything since your powerbook will be closed and you wont have access to the keyboard on your computer.
I just use it for .avi movies I don't need to type anything.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs