Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JasonS4

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 19, 2008
I have a 27" monitor is there anyway I can just shut my powerbook and use the 27" as my monitor via Vga. Instead of haveing 2 open screens?

I have a 1.5 powerbook if that helps.

ecdmagnum

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2007
i know how

Hey Jason,

All you should have to do is plug in your monitor to the powerbook, close your laptop screen, let it go to sleep, then move your external mouse. It should work like a charm.

I know this might be the obvious but you do have to have an extra mouse and keyboard to make this work right.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Matt

JasonS4

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 19, 2008
Hey Jason,

All you should have to do is plug in your monitor to the powerbook, close your laptop screen, let it go to sleep, then move your external mouse. It should work like a charm.

I know this might be the obvious but you do have to have an extra mouse and keyboard to make this work right.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Matt

I use and external mouse but I didn't know that you need a keyboard.

Thanks for the help. I wish i would have found out about this site 5 years ago when I got my first G3 Ibook.

Thanks a lot for the help Matt

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
well if you dont have a keyboard you wont be able to type anything since your powerbook will be closed and you wont have access to the keyboard on your computer.

JasonS4

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 19, 2008
well if you dont have a keyboard you wont be able to type anything since your powerbook will be closed and you wont have access to the keyboard on your computer.

I just use it for .avi movies I don't need to type anything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.