Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

metalaxe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 5, 2008
I am ready to purchase a new Imac 24" 3GHz. I was curious to see if anyone here had any experience with MacMall. The prices can't be beat with no tax and $100.00 rebate. Amazon doesn't carry the 3GHz model, so I had to rule out that option. Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Leon Kowalski

macrumors 6502a
I am ready to purchase a new Imac 24" 3GHz. I was curious to see if anyone here had any experience with MacMall. The prices can't be beat with no tax and $100.00 rebate. Amazon doesn't carry the 3GHz model, so I had to rule out that option. Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/MacMall

...the web knows all,

LK

metalaxe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 5, 2008
Thanks for that. I completely forgot about reseller ratings. I will purchase at the Apple store. Thanks for the quick response.

BlackMax

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2007
North Carolina
It is a shame you can't purchase from Amazon.com. Perhaps you could give Amazon.com a week or so to get the 3.06 GHz model in stock? Amazon.com routinely has a $100-$150 discount, no sales tax and free shipping.

iKwick7

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2004
The Wood of Spots, NJ
I made the mistake of ordering from macmall . I ordered the 24" iMac from them when it first came out.

Recieved $30 of my $200 in rebates. Had a disc drive issue and LCD issue after awhile but luckily my credit card covered it.

Get this - I get an order confirmation from macmall about a week ago - they somehow decided to order me the same thing I ordered almost 2 years ago.... Again.

Idiots.

Horrible company.

eji

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2004
INW
I recently ordered a MacBook Pro from MacMall and everything went fairly smoothly. I ended up getting VMware Fusion, Parallels, an Epson all-in-one, and the brand new MBP for less than you'd pay for the MBP alone -- and before sales tax -- at the Apple Store. One of my rebates (the UPS free shipping) was inexplicably declined, but a phone call sorted it out in about 30 seconds.

I've heard some horror stories about MacMall, though my experience with them has been good. Given their competitive after-rebate prices and the great 48-hour shipping times, I'd probably order from them again. If you're willing to pay more for a pretty cut-and-dry transaction, go Amazon or the Apple Store.

jjahshik32

macrumors 603
Sep 4, 2006
I bought 2x17" mbp's, 1x15" mbp, Mac Pro 8 core, 8gb of RAM for the mac pro, macbook and they all were just fine and I love macmall..

macmall with its preferred account is cocaine and apple is like crack...

finally got my preferred account cleared and never going to use it again!.. just makes you want to buy buy buy!

Tr3p3

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2008
I placed an order through MacMall on May 1 for the new 3.06 imac. It was shipped the next day and is scheduled to arrive tomorrow.

I've never dealt with them before, but the price was amazing and I got 7 months same as cash by signing up for their credit card. (the promotion says 6 months same as cash, but if you order towards the beginning of the month, it's more like 7 months!).

I ordered by phone and the agent I spoke with was very helpful, and I've been able to get ahold of him with some questions I had real easy. He gave me an email with all the rebate forms I need and I'll have those filled out and submitted by tomorrow. It sounds like some people have problems with the rebates, so hopefully I'll just stay on top of them and it'll all work out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.