Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old May 5, 2008, 11:56 AM   #1
culrich
macrumors newbie

Pages crash - document recovery?

I was recently working on a document on pages, and I had a kernel panic. After a restart, I started up Pages to continue working on the document, and it was gone! Does Pages have some kind of document recovery after a crash?
culrich is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2008, 06:50 PM   #2
forafireescape
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to forafireescape
You know what, I have the same question. That's happened to me a few times. It kind of pisses me off actually, because Word has document recovery, but I really prefer Pages...but I think I might have to switch if there's no way to do a recovery

Does anyone know?
Old Feb 24, 2009, 08:43 AM   #3
dennisjconner
macrumors newbie

Numbers Doc disappeared

I recently had a numbers document open, which I had saved several times previously. When my battery died completely, that numbers doc seemed to disappear. There is no longer a back-up. Any clue on what happened to it? I can I recover it somehow?
dennisjconner is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2009, 04:29 AM   #4
Matt C
macrumors newbie

Pages crash

I had the same problem with Pages crashing. However after restarting the computer (not sleeping) I found, quite by accident, a temporary file in the trash bin with the name of the document I lost followed by a date and time. When I opened it up it was a copy of the file I had lost during the crash. Unfortunately I discovered 2 days after rewriting my work. Dennis - not sure if numbers will do this too.

Last edited by Matt C; Feb 25, 2009 at 04:47 AM.
Matt C is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2009, 10:45 AM   #5
marleygt
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by culrich View Post
I was recently working on a document on pages, and I had a kernel panic. After a restart, I started up Pages to continue working on the document, and it was gone! Does Pages have some kind of document recovery after a crash?
hi all!
I have the same problem...
nobody knows how to find recovered files?---
marleygt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2009, 06:28 PM   #6
richard71
macrumors newbie

pages document recovery

Pages unexpectedly quit my first time using it, and I lost an important document that I hadn't saved. Anyone know how to recover it?
richard71 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2010, 01:32 PM   #7
yclept
macrumors newbie

still no recovery?

Now it happened to me. Love Pages 09 but I just lost a complicated document when I pressed Save - causing the dreaded spinning disc, force quit (why oh why didn't I do a screen capture then?? at least I'd have page 1). No recovery? No fair! I found a Recovered Files folder in Trash but it's not there. Any suggestions out there, pleeeese?
yclept is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2010, 01:47 PM   #8
steveoc
macrumors regular

I started using Foreversave. It is well worth the $15 and I like the fact that it can save multiple versions of a file.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 12:29 PM   #9
seraphicdoctor
macrumors newbie

&^%$#!

You should not have to buy a third party software to recover your documents. This needs to be fixed somehow. What a basic, basic, foundational feature to leave out!

c'mon apple!
seraphicdoctor is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2010, 02:05 PM   #10
steveoc
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by seraphicdoctor View Post
You should not have to buy a third party software to recover your documents. This needs to be fixed somehow. What a basic, basic, foundational feature to leave out!

c'mon apple!
If it helps, there is a free version of ForeverSave that does an autosave, but does not do backups.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store