Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Feb 19, 2005
Does anyone have any experience with both the Razer Pro|Click Mobile and Logitech v470? Great reviews for the v470 can be found, some reviews for the Pro|Click Mobile can also be found but it's not widely used so reviews are limited. I'm just more or less curious if anyone has used both and what was the preference. This would be a daily-use mouse.

Links to both:
v470
Pro|Click

Ellen

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2007
I am interested in knowing about this too, particularly if one mouse is larger than the other. I bought the Logitech before learning about the Razer, and am waiting to receive it from buy.com, but had I known there was a black mouse to match my black Macbook, I might have opted for the Razer.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Feb 19, 2005
I think I may have to break down and buy both to compare. I'd kind of like not to, but it's looking that way.

Ellen

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2007
I received the Logitech today. It is bigger than I expected - about 4 x 2 - which is not all that much smaller than my iMac's Mightly Mouse which is about 4 1/2 x 2 and is not as high. For a laptop I would rather have something small as I may not be using it all the time and want something that won't take up a lot of space in my bag. If I am able to figure out the size of the Razer and it's smaller, I may buy it and return the Logitech so in the meantime I'm leaving it in the packaging. It does look nice, though!

Ellen

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2007
For the Razer I found these dimensions posted by someone on a forum so maybe there's not much of a difference --

2.3" wide, 3.9" long and 1.5" thick

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Feb 19, 2005
I received the Logitech today. It is bigger than I expected - about 4 x 2 - which is not all that much smaller than my iMac's Mightly Mouse which is about 4 1/2 x 2 and is not as high. For a laptop I would rather have something small as I may not be using it all the time and want something that won't take up a lot of space in my bag. If I am able to figure out the size of the Razer and it's smaller, I may buy it and return the Logitech so in the meantime I'm leaving it in the packaging. It does look nice, though!

For the Razer I found these dimensions posted by someone on a forum so maybe there's not much of a difference --

2.3" wide, 3.9" long and 1.5" thick

That is perfect. I'm going to order the Razer then. :)

Ellen

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2007
I don't have experience with the Logitech, but have been using the Razer for several months and like it - I am even able to use it on surfaces like my bedspread (I am not very good with the trackpad). If you are willing to get the white one I've noticed that it's available online at a much lower price than the other colors (I have black with the black Macbook and it's a nice match).

spaceballl

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2003
San Francisco, CA
Funny you should just start this thread... I just got my V470 yesterday. I'm really annoyed actually. I hate it.

Here's why. I have a glass table so I use a Razer Exactmat as a mouse pad.

When the mouse arrived, I was at work and I used it. Worked just fine. Came home and put it on the exactmat and now it sucks. The mouse is jumpy and clicking anything w/ precision is nearly impossible. So I had to switch back to my V320, which oddly does not exhibit the same behavior. So now I wasted $40 or so on the V470.

I'm really wanting to switch to a bluetooth mouse, but now I guess I need to make sure it works well on the exactmat before I order! Does anyone else use one of these?

OP, btw, PM me if you end up deciding on the V470 and you can buy mine (brand new) at a discount.

Anyhow, that's my 2 cents on the V470. If someone knows of a better bluetooth mouse that will work well on the exactmat, please let me know! Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.