Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EvanLugh

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 29, 2007
Developer land
Found on Macenstein.com:
WinandMac has found a weird iTunes glitch that appears to allow you to download the movie “Hitman” for free.

Well, thanks to our readers found the tip to get this movie completely free. In iTunes, click iTunes store, look for the “Browse” on Quick Links in the right hand side. Than, select “Movies” and then “Thriller”. Look for the title “Hitman”. You will see it is free (as pictured above) for the whole version at 1.06GB. I can download it and watch it successfully. Not sure whether it is something new or a bug of iTunes.

I just downloaded it, and yes, it does work. Of course, there’s always the chance that tomorrow I will get an e-mail from Apple with my bill, but I was not prompted to enter my password as I am for pay purchases, and hey, it said “free” next to it! How they gonna fight that?

Unfortunately, just scrolling through the movie, I have a feeling “free” might be too much to pay for this movie, but hey, everyone loves free stuff. I’m not sure whether downloading this way this screws Apple or 20th Century Fox, (or US, if we get charged for a crap movie we didn’t really want) but either way, odds are it won’t last long. Let us know if you find any other weird free titles this way.
Just a note, seems to be US only.

TimJim

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2007
It does say free, but after clicking 'Get Movie' and typing in my password and accepting some agreement, it gave me an error and i can't download it.

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
Showing up as free for me right now.

Could be a glitch since Hitman is listed twice, once with regular prices and once free. Note that you have to browse for the movie through that path, if you just go to the movie page for it, it doesn't list as free.

I assume apple won't charge people for it, there was something similar a while back where there was a greatest hits or live album that had like 40 tracks and they were selling it either free or for a buck or two, something insanely low.

If they offer the price, they can't really go back and charge more later, can they?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.