Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old May 7, 2008, 04:54 PM   #1
Nashvegas10
macrumors newbie

Mac OS X Server and a PBX

All,
Thanks in advance for any help. We are setting up a new company and making the change over from PC's to Mac's. I would like to explore some unified communications options that are available currently with some of the small business telephone platforms (Nortel Business Communication Manager 50 for example). Does anyone have any experience with integration of the Mac OS X server and a VoIP PBX?
Thanks again.
Nashvegas10 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2008, 10:18 PM   #2
gotvoip
macrumors newbie

pbxnsip came out with a version of their IPBX that runs on a MAC. It has a nice GUI and works with polycom, cisco, snom, and aastra phones and SIP service providers and gateways. It is not asterisk based and it can downloaded it at www.pbxnsip.com/software and you can request a key from
http://pbxnsip.com/trial
gotvoip is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2008, 12:46 AM   #3
pismobrat
macrumors regular

VoIP PBX

I would recommend moving off the Mac or even a windows system for the VoIP PBX.

Put a call through to Aruba Networks, though they are a WIFI company all of their hardware intergrates with VoIP PBX and other VoIP Standards and would provide a solid platform to build on.

www.arubanetworks.com
pismobrat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2009, 01:16 PM   #4
spikeinin
macrumors newbie

All of the hardware intergrates with VoIP PBX and other VoIP Standards of some WIFI company could runs on a MAC?

spikeinin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2009, 07:11 PM   #5
assembled
macrumors regular

For the obvious reason (1), virtually all PBX integration (CTI & UM etc) is designed for Windows. You can run some of the commercial applications under parallels and quite a few will also run under Citrix/Terminal services.

having said this, I don't class soft SIP phones as integrated components, because from my view they are just basic endpoints.

you can run HylaFAX on OS X, but if you want decent modem support then Linux is the way to go, there are however some decent OS X clients.

(1) the biggest users of integrated systems are call centers, and Apple is simply too expensive, and too small a market share for anyone to bother with.
assembled is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2010, 07:23 PM   #6
ebookmark
macrumors newbie

Old Jan 6, 2010, 10:04 PM   #7
Consultant
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebookmark View Post
Nope.

You do know for quite a number of things running Macs with OS X results in lower total ownership cost?
Consultant is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2010, 10:16 PM   #8
normanbakers
macrumors newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to normanbakers
A much better solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebookmark View Post
yeah!!!!!!! This would be the best solution!
normanbakers is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2012, 05:49 AM   #9
petercarlos
macrumors newbie

Hello nashvegas,

Well answer to your question would be yes!! There are a lot of VoIP PBX providers who support mac os…my friends have mac pc’s nd they have actually tried some PBX VoIP services…I can suggest you some.. TheRealPBX, The ringcentral ,vPHONE..
petercarlos is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking