Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JD76

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 23, 2008
Im boggled by this. The iPod on my iPhone doesnt play the songs in the order they are listed in the playlist. Its as if its on shuffle. Even when I hit the next track button, it goes to a random song in the playlist but not the next one listed. Is there a reason for this? My old iPod didnt do this. This is especially annoying when listening to dj sets that have songs mixed in order but are tracked out. Anyone know a way to stop this?

Auzburner

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2008
Syracuse, NY - USA
My iPhone so does not do this. something is wrong, possibly just a setting is set off, try restarting it, sorry, but I don't have a quick solution off the top of my head. Good Luck.

JD76

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 23, 2008
Some have track numbers and some dont. Albums that do have track numbers - it still randomly goes thru the playlist

jontucker

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2007
My advice is to carefully put your iPhone back it it's box, make sure all the original accessories are in there too.

Take the phone back to the shop you bought it and tell them you are too stupid to own it and get your money back! ;)

*before anyone gets there knickers in a twist, this is whats called a JOKE.

zmit

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2008
^^^ sounds more like australian humour (or complete disrepute for the OP)

but to be honest i didnt realise that was there either :D
it is poorly placed...

(and i have been playing with a hacked and homebrew version of WM6 on my old HTC tytn before this!)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.