Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LoriJM

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 7, 2008
I am exporting vector art from InDesign CS3 as eps file. This art is being used by a flash developer and when he opens the files in Illustrator there are hundreds of weird, random layers that make a mess of the files. Any suggestions of solutions or third party filters to fix this problem?

LewisClark

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
I have seen good results through a tiresome workflow... copy paste from an INDD to Illustrator then do the same from there to Flash. With the proper prefs set in Flash all the weird stuff exiting the pasteboard in Illustrator will be cropped at the trim upon import to Flash.

Personnally I hope the planned update to InDesign for CS4 solves all this and allows you to go straight to Flash without the headache - Im watching for the beta release :)

I am exporting vector art from InDesign CS3 as eps file. This art is being used by a flash developer and when he opens the files in Illustrator there are hundreds of weird, random layers that make a mess of the files. Any suggestions of solutions or third party filters to fix this problem?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.