Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Auzburner

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 11, 2008
Syracuse, NY - USA
What URL does the youtube application use to view videos on an iPhone. Is there any way to view them on a pcs browser? The blocks on the Internet of my location block youtube.com, but not when I view youtube on my iPhone. Is it even possible to watch them on a computer through the iPhone you tube network? Thanks.
:apple:made on an iPhone.

Auzburner

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 11, 2008
Syracuse, NY - USA
Well, to rephrase I suppose, is there any way to access these video's on a browser from the same location eh iPhone does. Where does the iPhone load from?

skubish

macrumors 68030
Feb 2, 2005
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Well, to rephrase I suppose, is there any way to access these video's on a browser from the same location eh iPhone does. Where does the iPhone load from?

try using the IP address for youtube which is:
http://208.65.153.238/

Your security may be blocking http://www.youtube.com but the iphone app probably just uses the IP address.

They is nothing magical about the youtube app on the iPhone. It goes to the same website. The website sees that the request is coming from an iPhone and handles the rest.

Auzburner

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 11, 2008
Syracuse, NY - USA
It's the same as m.youtube.com But hopefully the computer ADMINs are too dumb to figure that one out. It's strange with the number of mobile YouTube playing devises at my school between the numerous iPhones and iPod Touch's that they have not blocked YouTube for the devices just preventing that IP entirely... Hmm

cupofjoe

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
I don't believe there's a way to access them on a desktop, unless someone can manipulate the native application on a Mac.

Again, I think it's a little different than what you're thinking...

EDIT: Looks like you found a way to use the m.youtube.com web addy. GJ. Congrats.

MorganB

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2008
I have some youtube bookmarks in my iPhone that play but when I try to go to them on my computer it says that the video has been deleted from you tube. Anyone know how to get to those videos?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.