Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

giantrobot

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 18, 2007
My G4 12 inch Powerbook is long in the tooth but can still do most things I ask of it. I installed Leapard and it works fine for the most part but I am finding it harder to run some applications such as citrix remote desktop etc.

After 4 years, its still my favorite notebook design and the best looking notebook around. Its mobile at 12 inches but still has a pretty decent screen. The keys are comfortable to use, its sturdy and it has a much better internal speaker than the new notebooks.

I like the notebook so much in fact that I would prefer to try and upgrade it rather than buy a new mac book. I would live to see a cd2 processor in there and room for an extra half gig of ram.

I think its possible if you strip out the guys of a Mac Mini, you should be able to piece together a system that will fit in the small box. The only drawbacks seem to be linking the video to the monitor and connecting the power supply.

Has anyone ever tried this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.