Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theHunter

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2008
Mine seems to be off by one hour all the time, I have to reboot the phone and when it registers with at&t it gets the right time for a little while and then it will go back to being an hour off.

It is a 16gig that I have pwned.

MyJelleo

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

I have the same problem occasionally. I just go into the the Time settings and toggle the automatic setting on and off so it resets. I don't know why the time is wrong sometimes; I just accept it and fix it. There's not much else I can do.

nbw

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

I have the same problem occasionally. I just go into the the Time settings and toggle the automatic setting on and off so it resets. I don't know why the time is wrong sometimes; I just accept it and fix it. There's not much else I can do.

This happened to me for the 1st time today with my 3G iPhone. I never had it happen on my 2G one. It was off 10 hours today. It was showing 12AM when it was 10AM and it was set to automatic. I toggled automatic and synced but it didn't fix it so now I have it running manually.

The only change I made recently before this started happening was I installed Simplify.

SheryarYO

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2008
mine was off by about 15-20 minutes one day. I was trying to figure out what was going on, but it was already set to automatically set the time...I dunno what I did to fix it, but I think I turned it off and then on again.

juanaday

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2003
One of my last app installs was Simplify, too, and my clock recently started acting wacky. I'm deleting it to see if that cures the problem. I didn't use Simplify anyway.

JMax1

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2006
Harlem, NY
When I make an appointment on MobileMe, it shows up an hour differently on my iCal on my iPhone. Is this related to your problem?

mmoosa

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2008
London, UK
The time is affected when you have your iPhone connected to a pc or mac that goes into sleep or hibernation and only if itunes is open at the time, iTunes loses the time and syncs the wrong time. If it does happen, close itunes and reopen with iphone connected. The time should now be corrected!

71hokie

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2009
Same problem - 1 hour off

My phone displays one hour earlier than actual. Yet, my wife's iphone displays correctly. Both have time set to Automatically set. Very annoying because voicemail messages are time stamped incorrectly.

ogdogg

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2008
Arizona
I have this problem with my email. I use Gmail and have it setup through exchange to get push. It's been an hour off since the time change (but my phone clock is always right). I think it may be an issue with Google and the fact that I'm in AZ and we don't change for daylight savings here. An interesting bug... I haven't found a way to fix it.

alex5064

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2010
Changing the Time on Your iPhone

Anyone else have this problem? It keeps saying the wrong time

To change the time on your iPhone, simply hold down the home button at the center bottom of the phone and also the on/off button at the top right of the phone simultaneously until you see an Apple icon. Let go of both buttons, wait a minute and power it back on. The time should be changed. This is what is called a 'hard boot' just like a hard boot on your computer. Hope this helps!:)

otk

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2009
so, how do i correct automatic date? currently it shows the date about a month in future. rebooting does not help. resyncing does not help. setting it manually helps until i switch it back to automatic, when it jumps into the future again.
date/time on the pc is set correctly.

soerengorm

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2010
iPhone 3Gs showing worng time and date

Hi,

My iphone has always been set to automatic, and the timezone is Copenhagen, Denmark.
for some time ago ( 1 month or so) the time switched to something completely odd.
to quickly solve the problem, I changed the settings to manual.
After the Daylight saving update, I changed it back to automatic.
Which gives this strange result.
Accurate time is 01. november 2010, 13:56
iPhone displays: 29. October 2010, 04:25
So the time and date is really off.
Anyone had a similar experience. ??
Can't wait to hear what others have to say about this.

Best wishes
Søren

Triple S

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2010
Since this night/morning I am experiencing the same problem... My wife and I overslept because of this problem.
My iPhone is 3 days and 4 hours behind...
Desperate for a solution...
My colleagues which use the same network (Dutch T-Mobile) and a iPhone 3G don't have this problem. I have a 32GB 3Gs.

rob.ger

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2009
Since this night/morning I am experiencing the same problem... My wife and I overslept because of this problem.
My iPhone is 3 days and 4 hours behind...
Desperate for a solution...
My colleagues which use the same network (Dutch T-Mobile) and a iPhone 3G don't have this problem. I have a 32GB 3Gs.

Exactly the same here (ok, I have no wife :) ). My clock says last Sunday, 4:30 am instead of Wednesday around 10.

Edit: I'm from the UK.

Last edited:

pandy06269

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2010
Exactly the same here

I'm experiencing exactly the same issue. I'm from the UK on Vodafone with an iPhone 3GS running iOS 4.0.1. My date/time suddenly started being off today.

It now says 03:24 on Sunday 7th November, when it's actually 10:08 on Wednesday 10th November.

As advised by Vodafone, if I key *#103# and call it, the network returns the correct time of "10-NOV-2010 10:08" so I don't think it's a network glitch.

What network are you on, rob.ger?

scotneya

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2010
I'm in the UK too and woke up to exactly the same problem 3 days and 4 hours slow. Switched automatic clock off to fix, but would be interested in reason/solution.
#
On Vodaphoe

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.