Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EMILinator

macrumors member
Original poster
I was planning on buying the 16GB :apple:iPod Touch from them fro $329.99 i believe is what it said on their website, but i'm not so sure they will send me a brand new iPod instead of some refurbished one, especially since it's almost $80 cheaper than if i were to buy from the :apple:Apple Store ($399)

So what's the deal? How are they able to sell so cheap? :confused:
And are they really legit?

Thanks. :D

aethelbert

macrumors 601
Jun 1, 2007
Chicago, IL, USA
It's legit, don't worry. They've been in business for a long time, they advertise in many places (this site sometimes, magazines, etc). The only downside is that their customer service sucks. But their deals are good and many members of this forum frequent macmall for their computers and iPods. I'd say go for it.

fake1009

macrumors member
Apr 13, 2008
Its legit for sure only problem is the quality of the service and product. Tracking your ipod touch will be hard because they only update it when they ship it and when you get it. My touch also came kinda banged up with some scratches and scuffs. This is probably because I got it engraved. O yeah, the engraving(with a crappy font) starts to disappear after a while too:confused:. Once again legit but service/quality sucks.

davidy

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2008
The Better Business Bureau has given them a "B" rating, which is a 6 out of an 11 step rating system. That doesn't mean they are a bad place to do business, but do your research, and read the three consumer ratings on the BBB site.

EMILinator

macrumors member
Original poster
Its legit for sure only problem is the quality of the service and product. Tracking your ipod touch will be hard because they only update it when they ship it and when you get it. My touch also came kinda banged up with some scratches and scuffs. This is probably because I got it engraved. O yeah, the engraving(with a crappy font) starts to disappear after a while too:confused:. Once again legit but service/quality sucks.

i'm not gonna get mine engraved, but still, that's really discouraging for me to buy from them.

does MacMall engrave the ipods THEMSELVES, or do they get apple to engrave it, then they sell it?

i wouldn't want them to go and open my factory sealed box now. :cool:

beaker26

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2007
They're legit. But, that is without the new webapps. So if you want the new webapps you have to pay $20 after you get it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.