Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Original poster
Oct 31, 2005
Ok, having a problem with the release date for TV shows in iTunes. I recently lost all of my rips from a hard drive crash, so I am re-ripping and tagging everything. Using the latest handbrake and Metax 2.4.5. Now when I tag using Metax, the release date shows up a day earlier in iTunes, but when I view the file again in Metax, the date is the correct date. Somehow iTunes is not displaying the date correctly?

any help would be great! I have deleted metax's preferences and application support folder. Still no luck.

StrykerGT

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2007
I have the same problem with some TV shows. The date is suppose to be 12-31-1999 and in iTunes I get 12-30-99.

Any help?

Original poster
Oct 31, 2005
I would email the developer, they haven't had any other people complain of this, but hopefully they will realize it's not just me :)

Original poster
Oct 31, 2005
Ok, figured out a couple things:

Setting the mac time to around 11pm sometimes helps.
Setting a custom time in metax does not work, it just reverts to the system time, or some random time.

For now I am using metax for all the tags except date, for the date I am using lostify since that date settings works perfectly.

Original poster
Oct 31, 2005
Guys, I fixed the problem :) When setting a release date format it like this: 7/8/2008. I was formatting it the wrong way: 7-8-2008, user error :)

RadicalxEdward

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2011
It was a PITA to find this thread in any search engine result and unfortunately it didn't help either. I'm putting in the date extactly as the current metaX says to, yyyy-mm-dd yet iTunes is still showing one day previous for no reason. iTunes 11, metax 2.4.6

I'm comparing two episodes of different shows in meta x, all the fields are filled in exactly the same format, and yet only one show has this weird date problem. the other doesn't.

Last edited:

dgalvan123

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2008
I used MetaX for a long time to tag shows, but recently it stopped yielding search results from tag chimp when I'd input the show title. Apparently the Mac OS version of MetaX has not been updated in a loooong time.

So instead I now use Identify, which works great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.