Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LoneWolf121188

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2007
Longmont, CO
I've been having problems with the machine shutting down randomly after a short while when its off the AC adapter, and I'm guessing its a bad battery. I bought this machine when they first came out in June, so its still under warranty. If I take it to a genius bar, should they replace the battery for free?

frostrambler

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2007
NYC
I've been having problems with the machine shutting down randomly after a short while when its off the AC adapter, and I'm guessing its a bad battery. I bought this machine when they first came out in June, so its still under warranty. If I take it to a genius bar, should they replace the battery for free?

Yes, my first MBP battery died in like 8 months, I went to an Apple store and got a replacement in 5 min.

I bought Applecare for my second new MBP to keep this excellent service for a while longer.

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
Yes, my first MBP battery died in like 8 months, I went to an Apple store and got a replacement in 5 min.

I bought Applecare for my second new MBP to keep this excellent service for a while longer.

After year one, they won't do a battery replacement by policy, even with Applecare. Unless you just happen to get a really nice worker.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.