Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X

Old May 14, 2008, 09:10 AM   #1
TheNorthWaves
macrumors 6502

I delete photos on os x, copy to vista, they reappear? How to delete?

This is simple and frustrating. I hope 6 hours of work didn't go down the tube...

It's just as the title describes. I sorted through a bunch of photos in various folders, using either the thumbnail view in finder or the preview program with the sidebar. I used "cloverleaf+delete" to delete the photos I didn't want, and I emptied the trash afterward. On the mac it appeared that deletion was successful.

I transfer my photos to the thinkpad so I can do more photo-sorting on-the-go, and voila, a large number of photos that I had deleted are suddenly back! This really shakes my faith in OSX, even though I love it. Can I successfully delete things in OSX with 100% reliability? This is almost like a joke... (or I am uninformed).

Thanks everyone,
TheNorthWaves is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2008, 09:17 AM   #2
bentoms
macrumors regular

1. Do these files look like "normal" files when booted from the PC Partition or are they lighter?
  2. Where these photos in an application like iPhoto or just you desktop?
bentoms is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2008, 09:18 AM   #3
TheNorthWaves
macrumors 6502

1) they look normal and open like normal photos would on any computer

2)I opened photos both in preview and in finder, and used cloverleaf+delete to delete photos in both.
TheNorthWaves is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2008, 09:21 AM   #4
bentoms
macrumors regular

Ok.. so what is the filepath of the files when you find them?
bentoms is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X