Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kilA-

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2008
Hey I'm pretty new to the mac os, I've only had my iMac for about a week and I just installed WCIII a few days ago so I can play DotA. Everything runs fine and smooth except for

1) The sound during game play seem muffled when in battle. You can hear the characters voices fine, but when you are around creeps fighting or in battle the sound effects of the fightin are muffled.

2) I haven't been able to exit WCIII without it freezing up. I've tried exiting the program from the main menu and from in-game. As soon as I press exit the screen freezes and I have to power down and restart.

I thought there was like a patch that needed to be installed but I haven't had any luck finding one. Can someone help me out? Or point me in the right direction?

ser968

macrumors member
May 18, 2008
I too have the same issue. It sounds like the creature battle sounds are very muffled. Have you found a way to resolve this?

ruinfx

macrumors 6502a
Feb 20, 2008
pretty common problems, i have the same sound issues and the quitting issue. nothing you can do about the sound that i know of but just make sure you command+M to put it in window mode to quit war3 so you can force quit easily.

rbarris

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2003
Irvine CA
We're working on an update to Warcraft III to address a number of the reported issues, but I can't provide a schedule for its release.

Maclarny

macrumors 6502
Apr 20, 2003
MN
occasionally, I have had luck fixing problems such as these by deleting my Warcraft III preferences.

Go to the folder "username"/library/preferences

Once there, look for a file named "com.blizzard.WarcraftIII" and trash it. Then reopen WC3 and a new preference file will be created. If you're lucky one or two of your problems may disappear!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.