Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old May 14, 2008, 04:38 PM   #1
AppleFan360
macrumors 68000

Final Cut Express and burning to DVD question

When I burn DVD's from HD movies created in Final Cut Express, it looks like the video is running at 24 FPS giving it a blurry look especially during camera pans and fast action.

Here is what I am doing:

1. Import video from Sony HDV camcorder in 1080i.

2. Edit in Final Cut Express

3. Export in QT

4. Create DVD using both iDVD and Toast 9.

I have tried various settings and methods of encoding but the results all come out the same. The video looks like it's running at a slower frame rate. Before I switched to Mac and Final Cut Express, I used Pinnacle on Windows and didn't have nearly this many problems getting a proper HD to SD conversion for DVD.

Strangly enough, when I use Toast 9 to create a Blu-Ray formatted DVD (a regular DVD formatted to play on any Blu-Ray player), the video looks fanstastic with no artifacts at all.

Any ideas on this? I searched the forum and found a few answers but nothing works.

Thanks for the help.
AppleFan360 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store