Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

technekai

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 28, 2008
hello, all,

i've gotten a lot of help from this forum since my life with mac began in late march (my first one!). i want to share with you an app that i will launch when the apple app store goes live, called "Shadows Never Sleep." it uses the language of a children's story to explore how an iphone can be used for new literature. i hope you enjoy it, see a demo here:

Shadows Never Sleep

i created the visuals, text, and interaction; Nick Dalton (whom i found through elance.com) programmed the app. i recommend him highly for anyone wishing to outsource some objective-c development.

all best,
aya.

technekai

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 28, 2008
follow-up - story now launched as a real app

just wanted to follow up and say that the app, Shadows Never Sleep, has launched for real on the iTunes App Store.

at first it was miscategorized under "entertainment" and i got some awful reviews from people who were probably expecting something more game-like and less arty. but as soon as the app was correctly filed under "books" i think it hit a more appropriate audience and reviews improved.

i know it's not perfect, and i should have included more detailed usage instructions, but hey - it's my first app. it's still cute. next time i'll do better!

aya.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.