Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old May 16, 2008, 10:08 AM   #1
meow66meow
macrumors newbie

Adding iPhone to iTunes Library without wiping

I re-formated my PC (running Vista) recently. My iPhone was set up to sync with this computer. I know iTunes will erase an iPhone's memory and sync the material from your library to it has never "met" that particular iPhone before. I backed-up all my music, videos, and podcasts (and have already added them to my new iTunes library) but don't a have a backup of my iPhone's settings, 3rd Party Applications, etc. Is there anyway to connect my Phone to iTunes without having it erase everything? I have searched the internet and the forums for an answer but couldn't find anything... (Perhaps I am just blind)

Thank you for taking the time to read my question.
meow66meow is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2008, 03:34 PM   #2
RITZFit
macrumors 65816

I think the overwriting only applies to the itunes music. I've been able to able to re-sync my phone to both a mac and pc after reformatting and all my phone settings and pics were saved (just chose not to overwrite the music on the phone)
Old May 16, 2008, 04:26 PM   #3
meow66meow
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RITZFit View Post
I think the overwriting only applies to the itunes music. I've been able to able to re-sync my phone to both a mac and pc after reformatting and all my phone settings and pics were saved (just chose not to overwrite the music on the phone)
Oh, I didn't know that! I thought it would wipe everything. Thank you very much for your help! I am off to sync my iPhone...
meow66meow is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting