Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old May 16, 2008, 12:38 PM   #1
idonotliketostu
macrumors 6502

use your calendar as your mac background

anyone to use your calendar as the bg that changes dynamically?
Old May 16, 2008, 01:04 PM   #2
kkat69
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by idonotliketostu View Post
anyone to use your calendar as the bg that changes dynamically?
Try googling "mac ical wallpaper" ???
Old May 16, 2008, 01:19 PM   #3
JNB
macrumors 604

Send a message via Skype™ to JNB
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkat69 View Post
Maybe that's why they asked here, cause it doesn't provide a viable solution. At least not in the first 100 hits.

JNB is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2008, 01:24 PM   #4
tobefirst
macrumors 68040

iCal Viewer is pretty neat upon playing around with it. Not sure how functional it is, but pretty fun to mess around with.
Old May 16, 2008, 01:35 PM   #5
kkat69
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnNotBeatle View Post
Maybe that's why they asked here, cause it doesn't provide a viable solution. At least not in the first 100 hits.
Did you try googling what I put? If you did you would have noticed the 2nd hit which is a link to MACRUMORS has a viable solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobefirst View Post
iCal Viewer is pretty neat upon playing around with it. Not sure how functional it is, but pretty fun to mess around with.
This was the solution mentioned. I knew the solution, that's why I put those google search criteria because it would lead TO the solution. But sometimes you have to help the person help themselves rather than just hand the solution on a silver platter. It's like watching your kids put a butter knife into the wall socket... you just sit back and wait then say "Bet you won't do THAT again will yah?"

I can understand more complex issues, but this took less than 1min to find the answer with google. The OP posted at (my time stamp) 1:38 and this post is around 2:40 which is a whole hour later. A small google and he/she would have had the answer.

Maybe they didn't know WHAT to google, which is why I posted the search criteria. I'm not gonna sit here and argue not helping someone versus helping someone. I'm more than willing to help, and I did, I pointed them into the right direction even when I did the searching for them to find the answer.

Hope the iCal Viewer works for you. Good luck.

/changechannel

Last edited by kkat69; May 16, 2008 at 01:40 PM.
kkat69 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2008, 02:44 PM   #6
earnjam
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
This was the solution mentioned. I knew the solution, that's why I put those google search criteria because it would lead TO the solution. But sometimes you have to help the person help themselves rather than just hand the solution on a silver platter. It's like watching your kids put a butter knife into the wall socket... you just sit back and wait then say "Bet you won't do THAT again will yah?"
You would not only allow your kid to stick a knife into an outlet, but sit there and watch? I'm sorry, but that sounds pretty awful.
earnjam is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2008, 02:48 PM   #7
mrpalmer420
macrumors regular

This is going to bring things unbelievably OT but for lords sake.

Anything and everything can be found (well almost) through a google search. I come here for help and then if no one can help me then i will google search. the reason for this is "mac Basics and Help" not Google Search Help.

If you know the answer tell the person.

Rant over.

Back OT.
mrpalmer420 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2008, 03:03 PM   #8
Dimwhit
macrumors 68000

I've been looking for the same thing. iCal Viewer looks fun and all, but what I really want is to have the current month set as my desktop background, and if I add/change an event, it shows up on the desktop. Sort of like having a calendar on the refrigerator, only it's on the computer at all times, instead.
Old May 16, 2008, 03:31 PM   #9
earnjam
macrumors 6502a

I read on another forum that you can do this using GeekTool. Never used it, so not sure how though...

http://projects.tynsoe.org/en/geektool/
earnjam is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2008, 03:37 PM   #10
Plusbits
macrumors member

Send a message via AIM to Plusbits Send a message via MSN to Plusbits
@kkat69

There's a reason this forum was set up; to HELP people, particularly this thread. Seriously, there would be virtually no posts on here otherwise. If you know the answer, help the person, don't have a rant at them and tell us how you plan on murdering your children ffs

/end rant
Plusbits is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2008, 03:49 PM   #11
topgunn
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Funny, when I Google "mac ical wallpaper" (with the quotations) all I get is this thread.
topgunn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2008, 11:15 PM   #12
idonotliketostu
macrumors 6502

i gave up googling mac problems/questions

why google when you can let google google for you

I just post a question on macrumors and wait till google to notify me that someone answered.

yea!

o ya, icalviewer is great, thanks
Old May 14, 2009, 07:34 PM   #13
iChill03
macrumors newbie

New idea

You can go to your calendar and print the month you want to PDF. Then you can go to the PDF file and save it as JPEG or something. and then save it as a wallpaper.
iChill03 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2009, 12:18 AM   #14
someone28624
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by iChill03 View Post
You can go to your calendar and print the month you want to PDF. Then you can go to the PDF file and save it as JPEG or something. and then save it as a wallpaper.
That wouldn't provide the dynamic changes OP wants.
Old May 16, 2009, 12:35 AM   #15
iChill03
macrumors newbie

True. I was just posting the easiest way to go about it. i played with ical viewer. not too many options to play with... Best of luck. i didnt like the picture idea. it makes it all white... not a big fan.
iChill03 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2009, 03:18 AM   #16
gothamm
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Did you try googling what I put? If you did you would have noticed the 2nd hit which is a link to MACRUMORS has a viable solution.

I can understand more complex issues, but this took less than 1min to find the answer with google. The OP posted at (my time stamp) 1:38 and this post is around 2:40 which is a whole hour later. A small google and he/she would have had the answer.

Maybe they didn't know WHAT to google, which is why I posted the search criteria. I'm not gonna sit here and argue not helping someone versus helping someone. I'm more than willing to help, and I did, I pointed them into the right direction even when I did the searching for them to find the answer.

Hope the iCal Viewer works for you. Good luck.

/changechannel
you need to chill. he made a thread because he wanted a more personalized, updated response.

Google is not the be all end all. This is why forums exist.
gothamm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2009, 10:31 AM   #17
Avi
macrumors member

Try EON ... it elegantly displays your iCal events on your desktop.
http://www.apple.com/downloads/macos..._bradgoss.html
Avi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2009, 11:47 AM   #18
Dimwhit
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avi View Post
Now THAT is a very nice solution. I wish they'd have a full month view you could show that would basically duplicate the iCal month view, then it would be perfect.

Still, EON does what I wanted it to. Thanks!
Old May 16, 2009, 12:50 PM   #19
AndyK
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avi View Post
This programme is pro, thank you !
Old Feb 4, 2012, 09:26 AM   #20
Gemütlichkeit
macrumors 65816

googled and this thread came up. I hope it's something they incorporate for a future iCal feature.

http://www.apple.com/feedback//
Old Feb 25, 2013, 07:35 PM   #21
ikristy
macrumors newbie

I hope I'm replying correctly (first time, sorry), but blotter seems to possibly do what you're after. Its AU$9.99 on the app store though...
ikristy is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help