Old May 17, 2008, 01:48 PM   #2
andrewm
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lewis View Post
I try command + c or v and it doesnt want to copy or paste anything

also right click in itunes doesnt work?

What can i do to fix this?
Hi, there, Eric. Can you give us a little more information about your setup? For instance, and very importantly, what version of Mac OS X are you using, and what sort of computer (processor and configuration) do you have? Also, importantly, are you using *any* haxies of any sort? Application Enhancer? Pith Helmet? Logitech Control Center?

Did you set up your system with an erase-and-install, an archive-and-install, or did you simply install over an earlier system? Or did your computer come with the system that you are currently using?

Cheers,
Andrew
andrewm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2008, 02:04 PM   #3
Eric Lewis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewm View Post
Hi, there, Eric. Can you give us a little more information about your setup? For instance, and very importantly, what version of Mac OS X are you using, and what sort of computer (processor and configuration) do you have? Also, importantly, are you using *any* haxies of any sort? Application Enhancer? Pith Helmet? Logitech Control Center?

Did you set up your system with an erase-and-install, an archive-and-install, or did you simply install over an earlier system? Or did your computer come with the system that you are currently using?

Cheers,
Andrew
Its a 2.0ghz iMac 2gb ram, aluminum

running 10.5.2..did upgrade back in november

suddendly this morning it stopped working

no enhancers or anything like that
Eric Lewis is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2008, 04:59 PM   #4
andrewm
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lewis View Post
Its a 2.0ghz iMac 2gb ram, aluminum

running 10.5.2..did upgrade back in november

suddendly this morning it stopped working

no enhancers or anything like that
Hi, Eric,

Someone else posted a similar issue without a solution here. Also, I have seen reports of Apple's Mighty Mouse suddenly stop working -- but (a) you might not have a Mighty Mouse, and (b) that doesn't explain the probably-not-coincidental timing.

Someone also posted a video on YouTube reporting the same problem. I may be missing something obvious, but I have no good suggestion here; your best bet may be to (gulp) reinstall the system. Be sure to do an "archive and install" or (if you're daring) an erase-and-install. Installing over an older system without archiving first is likely to make your life miserable, from the reports that I've seen.

Cheers,
Andrew
Old May 17, 2008, 05:20 PM   #5
Eric Lewis
Banned

yes im using a mighty mouse
Eric Lewis is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2008, 06:25 PM   #6
haiggy
macrumors 65816

I've had this issue before as well... and I don't have a mighty mouse. I wasn't able to copy and paste and Safari and my right clicks were acting all weird. I restarted to fix the problem if I remember correctly. Only reoccurred one other time.
Old May 17, 2008, 09:06 PM   #7
andrewm
macrumors regular

This page has a post that may be of use to everyone afflicted with a copy/paste bug. It appears that some Logitech software (in this case for one of their computer remote controls) can cause issues.

The fix for the fellow who posted that article was to repair permissions from the Disk Utility.app program under /Applications/Utilities/.

Cheers,
Andrew

ETA: Logitech's software and drivers from other companies are not the only thing, however, that can cause issues with permissions. Some people say that repairing permissions is useless, too. I'd give it a go, however, as it won't hurt your system or your files -- sometimes seemingly-innocuous things can mess up permissions.

Last edited by andrewm; May 17, 2008 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Added some further information
Old Oct 3, 2009, 05:16 PM   #8
waiataMoana
macrumors newbie

command-c, command-v, alt-arrow not working in dreamweaver

running 10.5.6 i had a similar problem to the one described above.
I tried to repair permissions as suggested to no avail.
The problem item was simple to isolate though, after reading this post it was clear...i removed a recently installed printer driver (Lexmark z12) and I'm now back in business. hope this helps other dreamweaver users out there.
waiataMoana is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2009, 10:23 AM   #9
drdunga
macrumors newbie

Repairing permissions did not help me. But removing a recent printer (which wasn't working anyway) did help copy/paste functionality.
Cheers,
Dave
drdunga is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2012, 04:32 PM   #10
Techathome
macrumors newbie

Copy Paste not working in hotmail on a mac

One day, my keyboard shortcuts stopped working. I could no longer highlight any text or URLs within my MSN hotmail email and copy them to another location. I found this information on another blog within MacRumors.

From your hotmail account:

1. Select Options > More Options > Keyboard shortcuts
2. Turn off keyboard shortcuts.

This worked for me.
Techathome is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X