Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mattym62

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 27, 2003
Palm Beach, FL
Ok Guys, I need some help. I used to have a 1.33ghz about 2 years ago, and sold it, now i've got a 12" 1.5ghz that is in MINT condition, but one thing is puzzling me. I remember when my battery had gotten low on my old laptop, I could plug it in and it would charge the battery. With this new laptop, the battery will ONLY charge when its either in sleep or powered down. Is that how its always been and I just can't remember that, or is there a way I can change this?
-Matt

merl1n

macrumors 65816
Mar 30, 2008
New Jersey, USA
Ok Guys, I need some help. I used to have a 1.33ghz about 2 years ago, and sold it, now i've got a 12" 1.5ghz that is in MINT condition, but one thing is puzzling me. I remember when my battery had gotten low on my old laptop, I could plug it in and it would charge the battery. With this new laptop, the battery will ONLY charge when its either in sleep or powered down. Is that how its always been and I just can't remember that, or is there a way I can change this?
-Matt

Do a PMU reset and a PRAM reset. Make sure you are using the correct charger. For the 12", the charger is rated at 45 Watts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.