Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rhinoman98

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2008
So I have an ibook g3 800mhz dual usb airport ect....I had the notorious bad logic board problem a few weeks back but i pulled it apart, applied some pressure to the gpu and also put a shim in....and it works great now. I can carry it around, move the screen....its perfect.
Now the new problem i am experiencing is a power issue....i believe it has something to do with the pram. I haven't figured out exactly what/when/why/how it does it, but every day/couple days when the computer has been off....with the battery still in, it won't start. at all. nothing. I have figured out that i can get it to start if i remove all power sources for a long period of time....maybe minimum an hour....and put all power sources back in, then it will start. I've tried the pram reset....doesn't seem to help....Right now they only though i have is maybe a software issue? but then not, because when its on, it works flawlessly....I don't know....something with the pram? cuz it seems to need for everything to be fully discharged to start back up.....
if anyone has any advice at all it would be greatly appreciated....thank you

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.