Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

A few more iPhone notes that we missed last week:

- Google is preparing more native iPhone applications that will be ready for the launch of the iTunes App Store in June.
While not divulging the specifics of what Google is planning, Gundotra says the company is eager to take advantage of access to the native device. It also plans to continue offering Web-based apps, which offer the advantage of continuous updates and improvements.
- One rumor claims that the iPhone could be released in Canada with an inexpensive $7 browsing plan.

- After original restricting iPhone sales to one per customer, AT&T has reversed this decision, claiming now to have sufficient inventory to revert back to their original restriction of 3 per customer.

- TouchArcade.com reports on two upcoming native games for the iTunes App Store in June: Balls of Steel and Bubble Space.

Article Link

Rivix

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2005
I would like nothing more for this to be true, but i can't believe Rogers charging less when people are willing to pay more.

Also, Apple wouldn't allow this if Safari suffers from this.

iansilv

macrumors 65816
Jun 2, 2007
I can't wait for balls of steel, and its inevitable sequel, brass balls 2...

needthephone

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2006
sydney
Sorry got nothing to add on iphone apps but this was the original Cross fire and it was brilliant. I was about 6 when I had it and I remember my parents having a party and somehow the cross fire came out and everyone (all the adults that is) were playing it until the early hours. It was such a great game and I remember you got calluses on the trigger finger.

I need this game as much as an iphone, you know I need it more

Can I still get it??? Ebay doesn't have any and they seemed to have stopped making it.

We should campaign to bring back Cross Fire!!!
I hadn't though about this game in decades..

pic26344_lg.jpg

kornyboy

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2004
Knoxville, TN (USA)
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

A google app would be great. I'm guessing it would be some combination email/search engine sort of app similar to their web based version. Anyone else want to venture a guess of what the first google app might be.

sebastianlewis

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2007
San Francisco
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

A google app would be great. I'm guessing it would be some combination email/search engine sort of app similar to their web based version. Anyone else want to venture a guess of what the first google app might be.

Google Talk or Google Notebook, most likely Google Talk.

Sebastian

shamindran

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2008
Live TV on iPhone/ipod

Hi,

I am from India, and have a jail broken iPhone. I heard about an application called Orb Live ( http://corp.orb.com ) that facilitates streaming of Live TV/Music/videos/photos , and just downloaded the streamer app on to my home PC ( also, compatible with Macs running Parallels or Fusion) and the client on to my iPhone. This is just amazing, and the quality of TV stream is extremely good.

For more info, check out http://corp.orb.com/en/orblive .

MarkusFrost

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2008
I wonder if they'd be able to get google docs working? that would be impressive, and would boost the potential of the iPhone as a cool business phone for a certain type of young careerist.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.