Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Joshh1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
Northern Michigan.
Haven't jailbroken or anything, just reinstalled tiger on my mac (had some weird problems )

put all my music I had backed up into itunes and now I plug my ipod into my mac and get a error:

"iTunes can't connect to the iPod because of an unknown error (0Ee8000001)"

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance guys.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
You might need to sign into iTunes?

Perhaps try to restore iPod on your computer or another computer.

Otherwise it's under warranty, contact Apple Care.

Joshh1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
Northern Michigan.
I'm signed into iTunes, I don't have any restore points (fresh install) and I have 1.1.4 with Software update, would this be removed if I restored?

chas0001

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2006
Alicante, SPAIN
I'm signed into iTunes, I don't have any restore points (fresh install) and I have 1.1.4 with Software update, would this be removed if I restored?

Have you tried to reinstall itunes by downloading it from the apple website then restarting your computer.

chas0001

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2006
Alicante, SPAIN
I have read elsewhere that it could be USB related where the port being used is not producing enough power for the device. Unplug all USB devices (apart from keyboard/mouse) then try and connect it again.

Joshh1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
Northern Michigan.
Well all I have is my mothers PC and my G4 ( USB 1.1 but I've never had this problem before:rolleyes:)

I'll have to throw SP2 on the PC and then get itunes and try it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.