Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals

Old May 22, 2008, 05:31 PM   #1
joshua_msu
macrumors regular

Battery life of wireless keyboard and mouse?

What is everyone getting here for the average battery life of these two? Also, does turning them off when not in use save battery life, or do they automatically go into sleep?
joshua_msu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2008, 07:03 PM   #2
dborja
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua_msu View Post
What is everyone getting here for the average battery life of these two? Also, does turning them off when not in use save battery life, or do they automatically go into sleep?
I can't talk about the Mighty Mouse as I use Logitech mice. For the white Apple wireless keyboard, I get a year from my batteries with 4 hrs of daily use. Yes, it does go to sleep when not in use for some time...
dborja is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2008, 06:44 PM   #3
Babooshka
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to Babooshka Send a message via MSN to Babooshka Send a message via Skype™ to Babooshka
Mine both last at least a month. They last for ages
Babooshka is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2008, 07:03 PM   #4
tammy418
macrumors member

I have the white wireless keyboard since april 2007 and the original energizer e2 lithium batteries are still in my keyboard right now with 33% charge left.

My wireless mighty mouse's original batteries lasted me 3.5 months and the rechargeable ones I use in it now last about a month and a half.

I never turn off the keyboard or the mouse. But I believe that battery life really depends on the kind of batteries you use.
Old May 24, 2008, 02:11 AM   #5
Dmac77
macrumors 68020

my alum wireless keyboard lasts for about 6 months, but i use my computer for 12+ hours a day. My mighty mouse lasts about 3 months.
Dmac77 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2009, 01:54 PM   #6
mackensteff
macrumors member

Short battery life with unibody mac and white wireless keyboard?

Sorry to resurrect an old post, but hopefully that is better than starting a new one. Anyone seeing a short battery lifetime (weeks at the most) when pairing the old apple wireless white keyboard with a unibody mac. When paired to my old G4 laptop the lifetime was near a year, but now changing batteries every other week is getting old. Did I miss a setting to get the keyboard to sleep?
mackensteff is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals