|May 23, 2008, 01:22 AM||#1|
Printing in Preview
I'm trying to print a credit card sized image in the form of a PDF file from preview. It's actually a scanned copy of an ID card and when I print it, it always prints the image in the exact center of the paper. I would like it to print in the upper left or right hand corner, so I can take the paper, re-insert it and then print the reverse side of the ID card on the same sheet of paper, but am not sure how to go about this. In "page setup", I can successfully change the orientation to landscape, but this doesn't help. I also can't seem to find any help in the printer setup section. I'm printing using an HP Officejet 6310. Is this possible using preview? I'm using OSX 10.4.11.
MacBook Pro 1.83ghz 1.5GB
|May 23, 2008, 02:46 AM||#2|
I'm running 10.5, so maybe this isn't available in 10.4, but here's what the Help for Preview says:
You can print several different images or the multiple copies of the same image to the same sheet of paper. To print more than one image to a sheet of paper:
1. Open the first image.
2. Choose View > Sidebar.
3. Drag the rest of the images from the Finder to the first image’s sidebar.
4. Select all the images in the sidebar.
- Click the first image, and then hold down the Command key as you click the others.
5. Choose File > Print.
6. Select the number of images to print on each page from the “Images per page” pop-up menu.
- If you can’t see that option, click the triangle beside the Printer pop-up menu.
7. Choose whether each page should contain different images or multiple copies of the same image:
- To print different images on a page, deselect “Print [number] copies per page.”
- To print the same image multiple times on a page, select “Print [number] copies per page.”
8. Click Print.
|May 23, 2008, 10:14 AM||#3|
Thanks, but as far as I can tell the "sidebar" is not available in 10.4 and I can't command click more than one page in the "drawer". Any other thoughts?
MacBook Pro 1.83ghz 1.5GB
|Oct 19, 2010, 08:21 AM||#5|
i only get 1 image per page. when i go through the stages suggested, it only makes more or less room for extra/less pictures but doesn't fill the space with other pics.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Cannot "Save As" in Preview (10.7)||theelysium||Mac OS X 10.7 Lion||70||May 8, 2013 11:17 AM|
|Beachball when Printing in Preview||Platypusman99||Mac OS X 10.7 Lion||3||Sep 15, 2011 05:05 AM|
|switching between media types in preview top bar in Apple TV 2||ringonbob||Apple TV and Home Theater||0||Jul 14, 2011 05:17 PM|
|PDF Printing in Preview||ariesfeng||OS X||5||Jul 30, 2008 02:03 AM|
|Printing in Preview problems||thunderclap||OS X||6||Aug 26, 2005 08:56 AM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:14 PM.