|May 23, 2008, 01:22 AM||#1|
Printing in Preview
I'm trying to print a credit card sized image in the form of a PDF file from preview. It's actually a scanned copy of an ID card and when I print it, it always prints the image in the exact center of the paper. I would like it to print in the upper left or right hand corner, so I can take the paper, re-insert it and then print the reverse side of the ID card on the same sheet of paper, but am not sure how to go about this. In "page setup", I can successfully change the orientation to landscape, but this doesn't help. I also can't seem to find any help in the printer setup section. I'm printing using an HP Officejet 6310. Is this possible using preview? I'm using OSX 10.4.11.
MacBook Pro 1.83ghz 1.5GB
|May 23, 2008, 02:46 AM||#2|
I'm running 10.5, so maybe this isn't available in 10.4, but here's what the Help for Preview says:
You can print several different images or the multiple copies of the same image to the same sheet of paper. To print more than one image to a sheet of paper:
1. Open the first image.
2. Choose View > Sidebar.
3. Drag the rest of the images from the Finder to the first image’s sidebar.
4. Select all the images in the sidebar.
- Click the first image, and then hold down the Command key as you click the others.
5. Choose File > Print.
6. Select the number of images to print on each page from the “Images per page” pop-up menu.
- If you can’t see that option, click the triangle beside the Printer pop-up menu.
7. Choose whether each page should contain different images or multiple copies of the same image:
- To print different images on a page, deselect “Print [number] copies per page.”
- To print the same image multiple times on a page, select “Print [number] copies per page.”
8. Click Print.
|May 23, 2008, 10:14 AM||#3|
Thanks, but as far as I can tell the "sidebar" is not available in 10.4 and I can't command click more than one page in the "drawer". Any other thoughts?
MacBook Pro 1.83ghz 1.5GB
|Oct 19, 2010, 08:21 AM||#5|
i only get 1 image per page. when i go through the stages suggested, it only makes more or less room for extra/less pictures but doesn't fill the space with other pics.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Snow Leopard- Preview Printing||Superman041||Mac Basics and Help||1||Feb 15, 2014 12:04 PM|
|Printing issues - keeps printing in reverse order!||mikeqls||iMac||6||Jun 4, 2013 10:27 AM|
|Printing PDFs from InDesign, Illustrator in Preview||benwiggy||Design and Graphics||1||May 31, 2013 03:58 AM|
|Exporting/printing notes from Apple preview or otherwise||phaax||Mac Basics and Help||0||Aug 13, 2012 01:17 PM|
|Do you think the iCloud Preview.app storage will lead to an iOS Preview app?||arthurbath||OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion||1||Jul 12, 2012 05:48 PM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:49 AM.