Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Nov 25, 2003, 11:04 AM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

US legal music downloads double

Category: News and Press Releases
Link: US legal music downloads double

Posted on MacBytes.com

Approved by arn
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Nov 25, 2003, 12:06 PM   #2
szark
macrumors Demi-God

For some reason, I can't access the link above.

Here's another one:

US legal music downloads double
Old Nov 25, 2003, 01:42 PM   #3
1macker1
Banned

Cool articles. I think .99 cents cant be beat. Most of my friends that still use Kazza only use it to get songs that are not available on the iTMS for Windows. It's a step in the right direction.
1macker1 is offline   0
Old Nov 25, 2003, 02:50 PM   #4
mainstreetmark
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Forrester Research recently asserted that digital music sales will account for one third of all music sales by 2008.
No way. Four Years? We'll hit 1/3rd before then.

In 2008, we'll be downloading movies like we download songs now, and all new cars will have the ability to play digitally compressed music (MP3,etc..). I also can't imagine CD player sales are going to continue like they are, in the face of harddrive-based players. New stereo equipment will almost certainly be wired into home networks by then. The majority of (the new) world will be fully digital (and by digital, I really mean 'electronic' - the lack of a physical disc)

Who's gonna want to drive to the store to buy a $20 CD, and then rip it into their system? Hell, i got a whole closet of CDs I wish didn't take up space.

Add on top of that the stupid RIAA and their continuing bellyaching will drive away more and more customers, who seek alternatives. Did you hear their latest statement? They now blame piracy on the artists who put too many songs on each album, making buyers turn to pirating the one good track. Huh? What? The artist's fault for putting too many tracks on a CD? All the recent CDs I've purchased already only had 45 minutes of music on a 74 minute capacity disc.

Man, how do idiots get into positions of power, and how is it that they stay there.
Old Nov 25, 2003, 02:53 PM   #5
1macker1
Banned

THe price of cd's has dropped. If you go to best buy the week in which a new cd is released......it'll only run you about 8.00 dollers, but jumps to 16.00 after the following week.
1macker1 is offline   0
Old Nov 25, 2003, 07:28 PM   #6
TomSmithMacEd
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to TomSmithMacEd
I hope this movement still gains ground. It seems smart to me. I still get my music for free. Not that I don't want to pay for it, but I don't have the cash. Plus I have very extreme tastes in music which iTMS couldn't supply to me.
http://www.xanga.com/erikmyxter
Looking for a powerbook.
TomSmithMacEd is offline   0
Old Nov 25, 2003, 10:33 PM   #7
zamyatin
macrumors regular

good market

If the size of the legal downloads market doubled, then surely this is an excellent market for a company to be in. More, it is an excellent market for a company to dominate. And our old sturdy Apple is the one!

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion