Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Splinter75

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 25, 2008
I've noticed that when entering calendar events using the iPhone there are limitations when assigning an alert and a repeat; for instance, I can only alert for a maximium of 2 days before an event and repeat can only repeat with day, weekly, 2 weeks, monthly and yearly. Sometimes I have things that need repeating every 3 weeks. In addtion, I would like to be reminded earlier than 2 day before an event. Is it me or will entering from the iPhone allow me to do what I want?

Also, If I enter events using my outlook calendar, then sync, all my problems go away. It is a work around, but when I'm out and about I would like to use these settings when working on the iPhone.

Thanks,

-Rob

sandman42

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2003
Seattle
I hope they change that too. I have events that occur, for instance, the second Saturday of every month. Back on my Visor I could specify more complex repeats like that.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
If you don't mind me asking, what version of outlook are you using? I have tried to connect it 2003 with the latest updates and it does not sync at all. I have tried this numerous times and still nothing.

wfm100

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2008
Problems with iPhone Repeat

I've noticed that when entering calendar events using the iPhone there are limitations when assigning an alert and a repeat; for instance, I can only alert for a maximium of 2 days before an event and repeat can only repeat with day, weekly, 2 weeks, monthly and yearly. Sometimes I have things that need repeating every 3 weeks. In addtion, I would like to be reminded earlier than 2 day before an event. Is it me or will entering from the iPhone allow me to do what I want?

Also, If I enter events using my outlook calendar, then sync, all my problems go away. It is a work around, but when I'm out and about I would like to use these settings when working on the iPhone.

Thanks,

-Rob

Is it possible to schedule an event and have it repeat on the "First Friday" of every month?

sandman42

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2003
Seattle
Is it possible to schedule an event and have it repeat on the "First Friday" of every month?

You can do that in iCal on your Mac (and possibly in Outlook on your PC, if that's what you're using), but you can't do it on the iPhone or iPod Touch. In iCal, create the entry on the first Friday of a month, then select 'Custom' for the 'Repeat' setting, then select 'Monthly' and you can specify 'First Friday'.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
You can do that in iCal on your Mac (and possibly in Outlook on your PC, if that's what you're using), but you can't do it on the iPhone or iPod Touch. In iCal, create the entry on the first Friday of a month, then select 'Custom' for the 'Repeat' setting, then select 'Monthly' and you can specify 'First Friday'.

Correct. The options on the iPhone's calendar are quite limited when compared to iCal on a mac. I wish they were the same.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.